OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[travel system] Stormwind to Darkshore via Booty Bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[travel system] Stormwind to Darkshore via Booty Bay?

I'm a pandaren that just finished wandering isle, and am currently sitting outside Stormwind City... I selected the Darkshore guide and the travel system is telling me to go though STV to get to Darkshore. I have the latest guide version.

That does seem odd. What were your travel system settings?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      That does seem odd. What were your travel system settings?
      Travel settings are set to their default settings. They haven't been changed.

Comment

Ok, added to the list to get looked at.

Comment

Did you make a reload after selecting a faction?
          I think the guide tells you to do so and if you don't it thinks you are not Alliance and don't have access to Stormwind and therefore cannot take the ship.
          And as you are not Horde too you won't be told to take an Airship.

Edit: I looked into the guide file and it seems the message to make a reload is not inside the guide. Still I think this causes the problem.
          Last edited by Cartman; April 21, 2014, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Okay, I checked with a level 16 Pandaren currently questing in Westfall.
            If I set a manual waypoint into Darkshore the guide wants me to go through Strangelthorn too. But if I set the waypoint to Teldrassil it suggests flying to SW, taking the boat and going through the portal to Darnassus.

The reasons seems to be that a Pandaren does not have the flight points in Teldrassil and Lordanel. Therefore the guide thinks you cannot cross the water from Teldrassil to Darkshore and shows a path where you don't need any flight points.

I don't know if a Night Elf or Worgen automatically has the Lordanel flight point and therefore the guide works with a Night Elf.

Looking at the LibRover data I can't find the ship from Teldrassil to Lordanel. That seems to be the reason why the travel system does not suggest it when you don't have the flight points.

Comment

Oh, I just wanted to look for the coordinates of the ship from Teldrassil to Darkshore and noticed that it does not exist anymore.
              So I assume you automatically get the flight point in Lor'Danel when talking to the flight master in Rut'theran?

Comment

I have no idea. But i'm in Teldrasil right now and it's still saying hearth to elwynn to get to darkshore. It continued to say that as i took the flight path from Teldrasil to Darkshore until i landed in Darkshore.

Comment

The travel system only knows about flight masters available when you visit one and open the flight map.
                  The problem in this particular case is that you do not have the flight points in Teldrassil and Lor'Danel until you visit the Teldrassil flight master. Until then the travel system tries to use a route that does not depend on the flight masters.

A workaround would be an intermediate step that guides you to the Teldrassil flight master to get that flight point. Because then you open the Kalimdor flight map, the guide will detect you know both flight points, advance to the Lor'Danel step and use the flight path.

Comment

The travel system only knows about flight masters available when you visit one and open the flight map.
                    Precisely. In fact, prior to this month our system had no concept at all about the flight paths that were available to a character when first starting out with a new character.

I've made the changes to add Kalimdor to the list of flight paths assumed to be known to Alliance characters when first created, and I'll check to see if the Horde needs a similar change. Note that these changes are not retroactive for existing characters; they only affect new characters.

Comment

The thing is though, it kept insisting i hearth while in flight to Darkshore, after the flight master had been spoken to.

Comment

I just checked two things. First I took my Pandaren from SW to Rut'theran and when opening the flight map there the guide immediately calculated the route and told me to fly to Lor'danel. Maybe in your case something else prevented recalculating the route.

I also edited the Zygor Saved Variables file and put Rut'theran and Lor'danel into the list of known flight points and then the guide directly calculated the correct route. So if those flight points are written into this file for every new Alliance character (even Pandaren) there should not be a problem anymore (unless you delete this file).

Comment

Yeah, we have a fix going in that will make the travel system know that Alliance toons automatically have those 2 flight points. Just checking into if there is something similar for Horde toons as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X