Travel system sending me to flight points I don't have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
    Would be good to know if any other EU users are seeing this. Cartman?
    OK, here I am
    I noticed the same when doing the apexis crystal daily in Frostfire Ridge with a character that did not have any flight points unlocked there.
    Instead of showing me the route from Gorgrond to Frostfire the guide wanted me to take the flight.

Blizzard may have changed something with the flight master API. If you open the flight map your character does not get thrown off the mount anymore.
    But as we know Blizzard, to implemet such a small thing they always mess around with bigger things...

If you still need some more testing or bug reports let me know, my weekend starts early this week

Comment

The other thing they've done is to optimise flight paths:

"In 6.1, flight masters will use flight points you haven't discovered as connecting points. This will make things much more efficient."

It may well be something to do with that...

Comment

It's not just EU servers. I have this issue too. Just updated to 5.0.11495, and it's still trying to send me to flight points I haven't got.

It must be something to do with the 6.1 changes. There's one difference I've noticed in game... when you click on a flight npc while you're on a mount, it doesn't automatically dismount you anymore. Related somehow, perhaps? I dunno.

I also can't seem to locate this button to generate the bug report that you mentioned.

Comment

We have our team working on this issue and hope to have a fix soon.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by nulien View Post
            I also can't seem to locate this button to generate the bug report that you mentioned.
            To create a bug report either go into the Zygor guide options and in the topmost section select "report buggy step" and in the window click "view". You can also turn on the report bug button that then appears in the guide viewer itself.
            However it may be too long to paste into the forum (go into advanced editor and select insert code for better formating), you can shorten a bug report by removing some inventory stuff or put one sction like the options into a separate post.

Comment

Kinda related to this problem...

I noticed today that new level 1 characters don't start out with all the flight points they did before. I don't know if the Zygor addon has an initial set of known flight points that it creates for new characters before the flight path window is opened (I've noticed in the past it doesn't always update that info until you do so), but if it does, that might need to be updated.

Specifically, level 1 alliance characters no longer start with their 1-10 area town's flight points... Kharanos, Goldshire, Dolanaar, and Azure Watch. I haven't checked the Horde side.

Comment

Working...
              X