Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS to 80 time with Heirloom pieces?

Hi all,

I've been farming badges with my tank for heirloom gear. I want to start a mage, but I'll have the heirloom pieces when I do.

Questions:

1. - How long has it taken to get to 80 with heirloom gear using the guide for those that have done it?

2. - What is the best "slider" method to use to keep a continuous flow so you pick up the flight points/etc? <a sticky from an experienced person here would be great . A number of people seem to be looking for that answer).

Thanks all, keep up the great work on the guides!

Mallez

There was a post recently from someone that had used heirloom items that made it to 80 in a little over 4 days of /played time.

As for the slider, some people recommend 2 and some say 3. Most will agree that anything over 4 is worthless and doesn't work well.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

What's this about slider? In what way are you referring to it?

Comment

The slider is in the guide options in the Dynamic Progression section. The slider tells the guides how many levels ahead of the guide you want to get before the guide starts skipping low level quests.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          The slider is in the guide options in the Dynamic Progression section. The slider tells the guides how many levels ahead of the guide you want to get before the guide starts skipping low level quests.
          Right-click your "Z" by the minimap and you will get a box on your screen. You should see Zygor Guides with a + by it, if it isnt already expanded. When you select 'dynamic progression' you will see the slider you read about.
          I would suggest you also mouse over the short descriptions by each box to see if you want that item to be active or not.
          For example; if you want to catch every flight point out there, you will want to have "Skip Ancillary Steps" unchecked.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

That's actually been changed to read 'skip travel steps' now instead of 'skip ancilliary steps'.

Comment

what would be the settings for a hierloomed toon ? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ericjai View Post
                what would be the settings for a hierloomed toon ? thanks
                I dont think the BoA gear should effect the settings you have.

For my lock and mage I change the BoA chest and shoulder gear I bought. The settings I use for those two toons are the same as I have for my druid I am leveling using 95% dungeons.

Comment

Thanks for the tips all. I'll try 2-3 and see how it goes.

Oh, quick question regarding flight points...

Do I just leave the standard settings other than the slider if I want to pick up all the flight points?

Thanks!

I just realized there were 2 trinkets you could BOA... that means more farming than I was expecting !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mallez View Post
                    Thanks for the tips all. I'll try 2-3 and see how it goes.

Oh, quick question regarding flight points...

Do I just leave the standard settings other than the slider if I want to pick up all the flight points?

Thanks!

I just realized there were 2 trinkets you could BOA... that means more farming than I was expecting !!!
                    LOL... good questions.

There is a selector that lets you skip the flight points and home locations. You check it to skip them, if I recall correctly.

In eastern kingdoms and kalimdor I uncheck that "Skip Travel Steps" part, cause I want all the flight points as I go along. In outland though I usually have the gold I need to get flying, so I get the flight points if Im not in a big hurry. There are times I want to use the FP's to either save time, or take my eyes off the screen for a few min and still be productive, LOL. I also take into consideration that the FP's may have a different significance to the game once Cataclysm comes out.... you never know what they're gonna come up with.
                    But thats just me. Others skip getting the FP's all together in outland and above cause they have the flying mount.

Comment

Thanks Kam.

I do want to pick up the flight points.

Thanks for the info, it's very helpful. Staring at another 100 triumph badges past the 30 I still need was quite a shocker....

Comment

Thanks Kam.

I do want to pick up the flight points.

Thanks for the info, it's very helpful. Staring at another 100 triumph badges past the 30 I still need was quite a shocker....
                        Yeah that sucks.

Im still trying to figure out how Im going to do wintergrasp with my squishy lock in a few more lvls.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                          Im still trying to figure out how Im going to do wintergrasp with my squishy lock in a few more lvls.
                          Learn to love siege engines and rocket launchers, young padawan

(disc healer, able to break up entire trains with a demolisher nyuk nyuk)

Comment

Originally posted by alanmuk View Post
                            Learn to love siege engines and rocket launchers, young padawan

(disc healer, able to break up entire trains with a demolisher nyuk nyuk)
                            BAH.... snoresville

My first lvl 80 was a DK. Now I have a pally tank and a warrior that I'm leveling. So far the Pally is my favorite of them all.

Anyway, see the common thread?

Up close horde kickin melee ='s good times.

Im leveling my lock just cause he is now 74. Cant turn back now.

Comment

Hi all,

Questions:

1. - How long has it taken to get to 80 with heirloom gear using the guide for those that have done it?

Mallez
                              With the chest and shoulder BoA 20%+ exp its taken me 1-3 hours a level depending on breaks or laziness & randoms. So far that's the average amount of time its taken per a level, 70-80 that is. Progressively harder the higher level, like 1 hour for lvl 71 and some took 2 and 3 with a random and such. It took me a week as a really casual player. 1-2 levels a day that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X