A Multiboxer's perspective... =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Multiboxer's perspective... =)

Like me or hate me, I am a multiboxer and I love it haha!

Previously I had an 80 Paladin Tank an an 80 Restoration Shaman. I leveled both of these independently awhile back and both are pretty geared.

Along the way I picked up the multiboxing bug, and with the advent of the RAF program from Blizzard, I was super excited to level a team of 3 DPS to join my tank and healer to be able to run my own 5 man heroics. The end goal is to gear them geared up and join a fellow boxer to tackle some 10 man raids.

I started leveling these 3 DPS (mage, druid, priest) prior to the release of SIS, however I was still using Zygor Guides. When my RAF caused me to outlevel a section of the guide, I would just manually skip ahead.

Now with the releast of the SIS... all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!. Not only does it keep up with my pace due to RAF, but when I boost them through some instances with my 80 Paladin and return to quests it helps a ton with automatically skipping ahead.

I am INCREDIBLY impressed with this product. I have already purchased the 35$ package deal for the combined Alliance/Horde Dailies/Events Guide and look forward to using it to do my dailies x 5 ($$$$$$$!!!!) when my whole team hits 80 (the 3 DPS are now 77).

Thanks again!

Awesome, glad you like the guides! :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I just recently tookup Multiboxing. ATM i'm just starting and dabbling in it since i already had 3 accounts across the household. They are currently level 8 haha.

Anywho I am using GCP (Game Commander Pro) as the software (yeah i dropped a couple bucks to make sure i wasn't getting a piece of $h*t. I still have a LOT to learn and it seems to have a huge learning curve. So far i can make them all auto invite, auto follow, auto break into formation. and all auto attack whatever i'm attacking. I am still wanting to learn how to get it to do what it was designed to do, which was put your toons into roles so that you can set the role "or group name" to do certain actions, which will allow for a more complex execution, instead of:
      /target tank
      /assist
      /cast such and such
      /cast such and such
      /cast such and such
      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

First of all this isn't meant to be insulting at all =) Just a tip from someone who has multiboxed for a long time on several difference softwares...

Game Commander Pro is CRAP compared to Pwnboxer.

Comment

Yeah I was on the fence between those two. I tried to find reviews on them but could only find 1 on Pwnboxer. It looked like a good piece of software based on the review. GPC had more videos out showing what its capabilities are... leading me to purchasing it. From what I've seen and read in it's forums, it has gotten much better with its version 2.0 which recently came out. With version 2.0 it has wizards up front that setup most all of your hotkeys, where it didn't do that before.

From my 1 week of experience... it has a huge learning curve. I have about 15 hours of learning put into it, and still have a lot to learn. Based on the comparing the videos, i'm thinking that GCP has more capabilities than Pwnboxer in that it assigns your toons into "Roles", "Subroles", and allows for role-swapping. I'm not 100% on what all the capabilities are with this. The software is buggy and still needs work. I believe it has quite a bit of potential... it's just not quite there yet. They need to make it easier to start... as in the initial learning curve..

They have a cluster of videos somewhere but i dont have time to find them right this second.
          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

You should have checked out multiboxing.com.

It is run by the creator of Pwnboxer, and while not everyone, MOST of the people who post there use Pwnboxer. The creator (Tim) does a live stream of him multiboxing with Pwnboxer some nights and is super awesome about answering questions. He and the large community on that website have TONS of "How To from Square 1" guides and everyone is always glad to help out.

You should give it a go!

I also want to say I don't know a single person who uses GCP out of all the boxers I know who use something other than Pwnboxer. I have heard bad things about its quality vs. all of the other options. (you mentioned it being buggy).

Comment

Well crap...

Comment

Personally, I use HotKey net and macros......works well for me.

I currently have a pally/shaman, pally/priest, hunter/mage, hunter/lock, and a pair of dk's (on Maiev Alliance).

I have tried a couple of warriors together, but they are hard. I'm thinking of mayber pairing each of them with a druid.

All my other 80's (Horde Drak'thul) were multibox at one point or another using the Hotkey Net software and macros.

Comment

Working...
                X