OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ran an hour north, then run an hour south!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran an hour north, then run an hour south!

Leveling faster already!

Then again. I have a 30% XP boost bc of heirlooms + holiday... So I clicked the WP up in Ashenvale, only to have it skip all the nearby quests, and send me back to where i came from...

From Stonetalon, to Ashenvale, to XRoads... I get there and it's like WOOP, skip all nearby!

Comment

This guide is good. Except the 4 quests it forgot to turn in, because i leveled too fast.

All it takes is one excursion north and immediate turn around for 45 minutes to kill the xp/hr

Comment

I feel like it takes me to a questing area, i do 2 quests, and it skips the rest, sending me on a 15 minute walk to another area... That walking time is lost XP/hr. My buddy without a guide (but with the xp bonses) is beating me!

Comment

It'll probably get better once i hit level 30. Lots of running in the 10-20-30 ranges.

Comment

The reason you're skipping quests like that is a combination of your heirloom gear + the SIS. What's your dynamic progression slider bar set at? Remember that the guide is still for a 1-80 player who playes without rested exp or heirloom gear. So you normally got to a zone, complete an optimum number of quests, and then move on to the next zone. With the bonus experience from heirloom, you're likely to only complete 2-3 quests or so before moving on. Its normal. Its much more noticible at the lower levels because it takes fewer quests to complete a level. Once you get higher up (especially 60+), there will be very little moving around.
            Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
            Goal Weight: 198
            16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
            22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

Can't wait to try this with my worgen furry warrior I am making, im going to be going all over the place, but hey. Im going to be my own mount so its cool.

Comment

Originally posted by smyersm View Post
                I feel like it takes me to a questing area, i do 2 quests, and it skips the rest, sending me on a 15 minute walk to another area... That walking time is lost XP/hr. My buddy without a guide (but with the xp bonses) is beating me!
                He may be beating you now (albeit not by much Im sure), the rate at which you will begin to beat him will be a sales pitch for the guides to your friend.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by hidden View Post
                  my worgen furry warrior
                  Indeed a worgen warrior is furry

Back to topic, at lower levels there is always a bit running around even with SIS turned off. This is due to the need to change zones often in order to not run into quests too difficult. This will most likely change with patch 4.0.3a when the old zones are redesigned. Questing should be as linear as it is in Outlands and Northrend.

Comment

Keep in mind though, WoW was built to keep you ingame and keep you busy. The longer it took you to complete a task or reach a goal means more monthly fees they collect from you.
                    What the guides did was take the inevidable running around, dump the quests that make you run around for little reward, and give you the running around quests that will get you to the next stage of leveling much faster.
                    It is not the guides making you run around... this is unavoidable by Blizzard's design.
                    And yes, Cata has a much more steamlined questing process, reducing the running around garbage considerably.

Hope that helps.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by hidden View Post
                      Can't wait to try this with my worgen furry warrior I am making, im going to be going all over the place, but hey. Im going to be my own mount so its cool.
                      Yes, Worgen are a furry bunch. But I'm sure you'll have loads of fun leveling a warrior
                      85s
                      Skippyninja
                      Oomatherman
                      Judedaniels
                      MissRuPaul
                      Sumekomovani
                      Pattymelt
                      Shamwiches
                      Twonewon
                      Takakoinaba
                      Cursesmcgee

Comment

I'm kinda worried about tomorrows update. The one thing I have against this guide is its very hard to start from a position if your not level 1, 60 or 70. The guide ends making me grind because I don't have the previous quests needed to continue with others. This is the only fatal floor.

Comment

Follow these instructions in those situations maningrey: http://www.zygorguides.com/help/sis.php
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                            Follow these instructions in those situations maningrey: http://www.zygorguides.com/help/sis.php
                            Ah, thank you. I will try this out I can see it being quite time consuming picking up the trails and loose ends however :P

Comment

It shouldn't take too long, maybe an hour or two, but that's based on the old 1-60 guides that had traveling between the 2 continents and all over the place so it would probably be faster now.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X