SIS testimonial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS testimonial

I cannot heap enough praise on this release of Zygor for 3.3 with SIS. I have tried it on many of me and my sons toons over two accounts (One WoW installation shared through our home network but two blizzard accounts). Heres a run down of each

80 Human Ret Paladin
    80 Human Arcane Mage
    70 Undead Shadow Priest
    66 Undead Fire Mage
    55 Night Elf Feral Druid (was untouched since BC)
    21 Blood Elf Ret Paladin on Refer-a-friend

My Sons account has

54 Draenei Ret Paladin
    15 Blood Elf Fire Mage on Refer-a-friend
    22 Blood Elf Affliction Warlock

We loaded every character on the accounts, noting where we were with the previous release and upgraded. Then we went through the SIS process to find the relevant point to keep questing. Like you mentioned, we did run into some FP probs including ones we didnt have but were no biggies in the scheme of things ala Forest Song, Emerald Sanctuary etc. SIS managed to find the relevant spot everytime.

A few exceptions to note:

- SIS managed to pick up a few quick quests on the 54 pally that we would have probably left out but was still relevant for our level (yellow) and still gave some good xp

- I can see where not being able to read a players FP list can be a pain but I had my mage handy to port us to relevant spots and most of my toons use dalaran or shatt as home hubs anyway

- On the refer-a-friend characters, we skipped several guide levels to PvP and run instances, given we were level 20 by the time we completed the Blood Elf 1-13 didnt help when it was time to get back to levelling again, everything was grey. The updated Guide not only compensated for that on both our accounts but got us back into levelling in no time at all

Some suggestions if I may:

As a POWER LEVELLING guide, Zygor is in a league of its own and I have tried several (from written guides to quest assistants like questhelper). However I still run Questhelper to fill in the non-power levelling quest void that i need to have in order to get the LOREMASTER achievement before Cataclysm rolls out.

I think its would be a great service to have an achievement mode, which would assist the player in completing those zone quest achievements like to Hellfire and back, Nagarand Slam etc and ofc the Loremaster set. With quest checking in Zygor, one would assume it would be easy to see what quests we havent done in a particular zone and list it for us to pursue. Just a thought

Summary
    A great release of a great product. No fatal flaws found. I am amazed by the ease at which SIS works and does its thing. It is a great credit to you and your team. Thank you for all the effort, I for one appreciate it.

Thanks so much for the detailed testimonial, we appreciate it, and we're really glad you and your son are enjoying the guides so much. :-)
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Problem - Passing the Burden Questline

As part of the SIS assessment on my 54 Pally, it recommended doing the Passing the Burden questline.

After initial hand-in, I got the Arcane Runes quest which required a trip to Azshara to get the rune rubbings. The quest ends by requiring you to shoot a flare at the offshore helipad.

Unfortunately this dependency (getting the standard issue flare gun) is not part of the questline so I ended doing Arcane Runes with no way to complete it at the helipad.

Got back to IF (via hearth to Dalaran) and did the seperate quests (talked to Tymor again) and got the gun, ported to Darn and flew to Azshara again to complete it.

Looking back in the guide, SIS had flagged the flare gun quest as obsolete and didnt show it to me when I first collected Arcane Runes. After some thought this may be blizzards fault for having a questline with an external dependency.

Is there anyway to ensure the SIS can pick up this dependency in future versions? or not trigger it in the future?

Comment

Of course, that will be done. The problem is that a bunch of quests have "hidden" dependencies, not shown as linked on Wowhead. We're entering those dependencies as we go and as they're reported. Now if a quest is properly linked to its prerequisites, it would definitely not be skipped by SIS, quite the opposite, it would get picked up even if it was a gray quest for you at the time.

Comment

76-78 Step 294 - Nesignwary FP

Another for you ... again similar situation.

On my level 80 Pally, SIS skipped through to 76-78 Step 294 - Getting the Nesingwary FP in Scholozar Basin.

As Ive never been in this zone before, the FP was not there when I arrived. Looked into it and found that the The Spirit of Gnomeran has to be built from parts which are retrieved in previous steps 280, 281, 288, 289 and 292 which SIS skipped over.

Looks like another dependency issue. Leave it to you to resolve

On a seperate note, is this the appropriate place to list thes faults or would you prefer I use the bugs/faults thread?

Comment

The bugs forum is indeed preferred, but it's no big deal. What's important is that you identified these quests! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by the_legend View Post
              As part of the SIS assessment on my 54 Pally, it recommended doing the Passing the Burden questline.

After initial hand-in, I got the Arcane Runes quest which required a trip to Azshara to get the rune rubbings. The quest ends by requiring you to shoot a flare at the offshore helipad.

Unfortunately this dependency (getting the standard issue flare gun) is not part of the questline so I ended doing Arcane Runes with no way to complete it at the helipad.

Got back to IF (via hearth to Dalaran) and did the seperate quests (talked to Tymor again) and got the gun, ported to Darn and flew to Azshara again to complete it.

Looking back in the guide, SIS had flagged the flare gun quest as obsolete and didnt show it to me when I first collected Arcane Runes. After some thought this may be blizzards fault for having a questline with an external dependency.

Is there anyway to ensure the SIS can pick up this dependency in future versions? or not trigger it in the future?
              I just wasted a good 30mins or so doing this quest and told to fire a flare gun which the guide never told me to pick up because it was so kind to skip it. I'd have thought Zygor would have known that this was required to complete the quest and tied it in with it. Now I've got to go to IF and do the quests then come back again!

Comment

Originally posted by klaygor View Post
                I just wasted a good 30mins or so doing this quest and told to fire a flare gun which the guide never told me to pick up because it was so kind to skip it. I'd have thought Zygor would have known that this was required to complete the quest and tied it in with it. Now I've got to go to IF and do the quests then come back again!

When is the last time you updated your guide? This was fixed in an update a few weeks ago, should be working properly now, so that it tells you to get that quest.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                  When is the last time you updated your guide? This was fixed in an update a few weeks ago, should be working properly now, so that it tells you to get that quest.
                  I downloaded it recently. The ver file shows 2010-01-08 which is when the latest version was released according to my member page. I'll download it again to be sure.

Also, the SIS is skipping a lot of "fly to" steps and going straight to the boat, NPC or quests in the destination zone so I've either had to click back or use the map to find out where I'm supposed to be going.

Comment

Go into your Dynamic Progression section of the guide options and un-check the 'skip impossible steps' box and also set your slider bar to 5.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                    X