Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very poor guide

This guide is missing many steps.

It will tell you to see < character name > as the next step and on the map it will be way out in a yellow area and it doesn't tell you how to get there.

Yesterday I had one of those situations and finally discovered I had to get to the person by going through the cave from Cat's Eye Quay. But Zygor didn't tell me that. Another time I had to walk a couple of miles on a trail north of town to get to the character i was supposed to talk to --- but it didn't tell me that either.

Many steps seem to be missing and it is very confusing because the game is telling me to go one place and the guide is telling me to go to some other place.

Not very happy with this guide, so far.

What version of the guides are you using? Have you tried re-installing them?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

It says version 1.0.9226.

It said it checked for updates and this is the latest.

No, I didn't re-install the guide. Why would I? It appears to work as well as it can.
      It isn't locked up ... just missing a lot of steps and that gets confusing as hell.

Especially when the guide is telling me to go one place and the quests in the game are telling me to go somewhere else.

Comment

Now when the guide is telling you to go right and the quests are saying to go left, is the guide telling you to go right to do the quests you have or is it saying that because there is something else over there to do? There are plenty of times in the guide where we'll have you pick up a quests but won't have you go do that quest for quite a while.

Comment

Unless you're doing things the guide is not telling you to do, then it doesn't send you places and not tell you how to get there. If you picked up stuff as you passed it and not when the guide tells you to, then it will of course skip steps and maybe not make it as easy to work out where you need to go. I've used the guide through EP and DC and found only a couple of minor niggles with it.

Comment

rosskemp, the Zygor guide most definitely DID tell me to talk to people without telling me how to get to them. At least twice.

I wish there was a way to hide the Quests given by the game because it becomes confusing sometimes having different directions given.

The Quests will tell you to do things that the zguide doesn't. The zguide is designed to take us to the most important things with the highest experience points and gold rewards in order to level as fast as possible and make as much gold as possible ( without dealing with selling items we made or found ), while the Quests are designed to tell the story and take us through a richer experience.

But ... the Quests are how I found out how to get to the people the zguide told me to talk to. The zguide had skipped steps in the Quest because the people who made the zguide consider them unimportant for leveling ... and they probably are.

But that still results in confusion when you are trying to follow the zguide and it says " talk to < character name > " but the Quests say to go somewhere else and it only comes back and has you go talk to the same person as the zguide several steps down the line because the Quest follows the story line and the zguide is telling you where to go to get the most points / gold to level up and it skips unimportant parts of the story line.

I had to give up on using the zguide for my first character because I was completely unable to get the zguide to synch to my character and the quests it had done. I went through all the steps given in the post to help us with that but it didn't work.

I don't know why Zygor can't just let us input which Quest we are on and what level we are and which race and alliance and take us to the right one. But then, I'm not a programmer ... I just cuss like one.

So I started a second character from scratch and have been following the zuide except for when it does things like telling me to talk to someone and I can't figure out how to get to that person. Then I usually find the person in question a few steps further along in the Quest ... but the zguide should have told me.

Also, the zuide has quest steps marked green that THIS character has NOT done yet. It seems to be picking up finished quests from my other character or something.

But I have been trying to follow the zguide and I will complete something and the next thing is already marked green!!!

SOMEBODY CALL AN EXTERMINATOR

Comment

It sounds like you're getting more familiar with how the guides work, but to clarify:

The guides are designed to maximize your leveling speed. If you want a seamless experience with them (assuming all the bugs have been dealt with in the guides), ignore the in-game quest lists and just follow that green spinning arrow wherever it tells you to go. There's probably even an add-on that will hide that other quest list. I can assure you that the green arrow generally takes you exactly to where you need to go next (but it might not be the quest that the in-game quest tracker is tracking). The only reason it wouldn't right now is if there is a bug in a particular quest step... these will get sorted out over time.

Comment

Did you by chance re-make your character and give it the same name? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause you to have steps marked green already.

We are working on getting a system in place to help with getting in sync with pre-leveled characters but I have no ETA on that.

Comment

No, both characters have very different names from each other. Although they are both AD.

But my 2nd character will sometimes complete something and when the zguide moves to the next step it is marked Green. So I figure it has to be coming from the other character that has done the quest.

Yesterday I went back through the zguide level 7 - 15 and some steps were still RED too. Mainly because I have been getting distracted by the game Quests telling me to do things the zguide isn't, I think. Anyway, I went back and did all the red items and then I have an add-on for a mini-map and I moved that from the upper left of my screen over to the top right corner and covered up the Quests display and then continued ONLY following the zuide.

It worked pretty well. Still ran into some things like it would tell me to exit a cave and the next step it says ' speak to Lardass ' only Lardass is nowhere to be found. Finally found Lardass a couple hundred yards away.

I realize this is a problem for the zguide because some characters move around randomly so it probably isn't possible to tell us where some characters are. Some move on their own and some stay put.

However instances like where the character I'm supposed to talk to is shown on the map in an unexplored area but the character was actually underground is something the zguide < should > be able to tell me. The zguide < should > have told me to go through the cave from the Cat's Eye Quay instead of just / leave Manor House / talk to < character name > with no indication of how to get to that character.

However, yesterday I had a pretty good day with the zguide. Covering up the in-game Quests helps to keep confusion down to a minimum. Only use the in-game Quests if you can't find the person the zguide is telling you to go to or some other thing that you can't figure out.

The zguide < could > be a bit wordier with a bit more information.

One other thing. I wish we could make the text in the zguide larger and the zguide window too.
                  I play without my glasses on but have to keep putting them on in order to read the zguide.

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                  Did you by chance re-make your character and give it the same name? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause you to have steps marked green already.

We are working on getting a system in place to help with getting in sync with pre-leveled characters but I have no ETA on that.
                  Last edited by arizona; May 18, 2014, 11:16 AM. Reason: add another bitch

Comment

There is a scale setting in the guide viewer options that you can use to make it bigger.

Comment

I found that when I first started using Zygor I would notice the in-game quest information in the top right corner and would end up following it for some unknown reason (since I didn't really want to). It probably just because it is there saying do this or that. Your idea to hide it might have helped me early on, but I was using it to check to see if zygor was doing the right stuff. Now I'm use to ignoring whatever it says. Anyway if I did mistakenly follow it, the guide would be messed up including having steps colored green as completed. It was normally movement targets or wayshrines.

Following your own path for a bit or following the TESO in game guide is a sure way to get Zygor off the optimized path. I do it all the time so I have learned, to some extent, what Zygor is going to do or how it will handle my going on my own. I mean if I'm running by a quest guy that Zygor either plans to do later or skip totally, I have a tendency to get the quest then so I'll have it. Most of the time Zygor has a plan to do that quest but at a later time as you are running by that area again. For me, it is hard to run by a quest giver or a node or a merchant to sell stuff or well you get the idea.

Comment

It will stretch horizontally, but not vertically and it doesn't change the font size.

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                        There is a scale setting in the guide viewer options that you can use to make it bigger.

Comment

Working...
                        X