Not liking this guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not liking this guide

I am sorry but I feel like this guide was rushed. I have used this guide on two toons...one that is now level 30 and another that is level 13.

The problem with the guide is it skips some quests, and you cannot do this in ESO. As a result, I have ended each zone 2 levels below me on the last quest for that zone, and ended up spending hours trying to complete the quest. ESO is harsh on not completing quests your level.

I think the guide needs a re-tooling. Zygor usually puts out excellent guides, but afraid this one is lacking critical steps to get to the level of the next zone.

I will keep using it, and may try another faction guide...but have to tweak it a bit to do quests that are skipped.

Again, normally Zygor puts out great guides, but this one still seems a little lacking.
    Last edited by coldfusion10; May 17, 2014, 09:54 PM.

I play as Ebonheart and have used the guide from 1-50 and now doing veteran content. It is correct, that you are not doing every single quest following the guide, but I did not have any problem with this.

I was at most 1 level behind at some points, but that was not a big deal.

Comment

It does skip quest but it claims to be a "leveling guide" not the "do every quest" guide. I have used the guide on all 3 factions with several different classes and found that I have sometimes been behind where I really need to be, until I started killing everything on my way to the quest. I started out originally just running with a group and by passing mobs that I didn't have to kill to achieve the objective. That way left me a little behind in leveling. Mobs do give experience, kill them on your way. The last time I level, on ebonheart, I killed mobs in my way and didn't avoid them even if I could. I'm now 49 and haven't finished the guide. The guide does have some bugs and doesn't always advance (which is a little annoying at times). However if you are paying attention and not just doing exactly what the guide says you can quickly spot issues.

For example, once the guide told me to follow the path to a particular spot. However I was pretty sure I knew where I needed to go so I advance the guide to see where it was going and it was taking me the wrong way and then circling back to where I needed to go. Someone must have entered the coordinates wrong for one stop. Knowing what was going on kept me from running 1 minute the wrong way and then running back for another minute. I figure in another month these issues will be fixed.

Comment

Working...
      X