Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with guide steps, routing etc.

Got a couple here

DC Rivenspire Step 812-814 Your supposed to track a watchman until he throws a coin into fountain. Not sure if its something I did different from whoever wrote these steps but I am hanging around waiting for the informant forever and no one shows up. I grab the coin out of the fountain still no one. Manually forward guide to next step talk to beggar by fountain no quest update then talk to other beggar this one is the informant but all I got was a beg for coin for share coin achievement or whatever its called. Follow eso quest waypoint talk to that person and quest updates sends me to someone else then back to fountain to talk to first beggar then to informants house so back on track with guide at this point.

DC Rivenspire Step 855 no need for this step at all takes you from upper area back to lower then back to upper area. remove step and go straight from 854 to 856.

EH Deeshan Step 400 cant figure out what this step is for so clicked forward and back on guide.

EH Deeshan Step 451 another why do you have me going way over here then having me do a 180 and go back the way I had just come from past the quest turn ins that I am now to turn in.

AD-DC-EP In certain areas the waypoint arrow goes nuts and just spins. I do notice that under the arrow the text is no longer goto blah blah but is now blah blah_base.

In my last thread I mentioned issues like these erroneous and useless steps or steps with missing parts. I tried being polite and point these issues out quietly but was ignored. I come across these issues a lot but cant be bothered to write down the steps and ask why do you have the way points way over there but the quest is actually just up the stairs here? You have come out and stated these guides are polished the steps were written before early access was started then once live they were put out in segments until your staff supposedly ran through everything to be sure issues like these had been removed I am guessing. But what I am seeing is that no they weren't polished at all and that maybe your staff was writing them as they went. Which would explain the lack of skyshards and lorebooks being in the guides to begin with. And also the lack of which bookcases we should click on for books that give you a full level upgrade for doing so. Its a quick and dirty way to 50 but unlike the wow guides leave out alot of quests and areas that we should actually be hitting because some of the quests give a skill point for completion. Guess I am spoiled by the wow guides since cata in which I now never see a if your not level 10 12 or whatever here go grind kills for xp til your that level. I am not saying I dont love the guides but I bought all 3 (turned in my D3 guide) with the understanding that these guides would be as great and clear and usable as the WoW guides have been. But I am sorry to say they are not they are more reminiscent of a first time guide publisher.

Sorry for the ramble but honestly getting real tired of getting sent off in the wrong direction only to find out that I past the quest/location I was to goto back where I had just come from. I am a casual player so when you say 5-6 days played time to 50 I believe it based on the wow guides. Being casual I have little time to sit and enjoy the game and if the guide has me running around in a huge circle that takes 2-5 minutes to complete where as if i had just gone up these stairs or over that hill I would have gotten this quest in under a minute. Your wasting my time to play by doing that. If the guide showed more then 1 step at a time maybe in the guide and/or listed what quest this step was for it might make more sense to me and others why you are having us do this but your not.

I also have a bone to pick with using Java for the Zygor Client and being able to have it shut down when I X out. I then have to goto hidden icons tab bring it up then right click z to get it turned off really wish you had just stuck with exe. But really I can live with it that way for now would rather have the zygor team focusing on this small but really frikken annoying things to get this guide up to the level the wow guides are at. Then we can discuss the launcher

I'll make sure the content team sees this so they can check into these steps.

The main reason the Java client just closes to the tray icons is because it was designed to sit there and do background checking and updating of your guides with little to no input from you.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
    X