No announcement yet.

Error when trying to load addon: "Lua event handler has exceeded...."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I give u the full error message then, because I just copy to clipboard and pasted in here and thats what i got.

Comment

Geting this in my chat box-
      [Debug] : An error has occured in Addon: ZygorGuidesViewer.
      [Debug] : 0 guides are loaded.
      [Debug] : Finding properer starter section.
      [Debug] : Cannot find a proper section for you! What are you...???

Comment

I'm getting the same error as snuggle. I went into the Addons section and clicked Show Errors and got the below. Looks like it just repeats.

...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:351: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
        stack trace:
        ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:351: in function 'Startup'
        ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:259: in function <...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:249>

...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:351: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
        stack trace:
        ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:351: in function 'Startup'
        ...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:259: in function <...dStar\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:249>

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

stack trace:

Comment

Ive tired reinstalling the guide and zygor client

Comment

Originally posted by snugglebuu View Post
            Geting this in my chat box-
            [Debug] : An error has occured in Addon: ZygorGuidesViewer.
            [Debug] : 0 guides are loaded.
            [Debug] : Finding properer starter section.
            [Debug] : Cannot find a proper section for you! What are you...???
            This is the same lua handler exceeded time to load. Since the guides were never loaded it results in these chat messages basically saying Zygor couldn't load any guide. Are you using a older/slower computer by chance? Is there any way you could speed things up by closing out any unneeded background tasks? We will try to optimize the guides further but it may take a little time, so maybe if you do these things you will at least be able to get up and running.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I doubt its my PC i can run wildstar on ultra at 60 fps, and yes Ive tried running the game with nothing else running in the background

Comment

Took a screenshot this time.

Medelina.140724.133816.jpg

Comment

Thank you for the screenshot. We have our whole team looking into this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this.

Comment

Idk if this helps but the trial guide loads fine for me when Im on exile

Comment

Idk if this helps but the trial guide loads fine for me when Im on exile
                      Is it the trial version on Dominion that's not working?

Comment

Only getting the error when I log into a Dominion character, addon loads every time on exile but only has 2 zones in the guide section. Also have Dominion addon enabled through the Zygor client

Comment

I have the full version of the dominion leveling guide, that is the one that does not work. However when i log into a exile character the guide loads with no problems

Comment

Just downloaded an update from the client the addon now loads, but the guide section is grey with the words Lorem Ipsum in the center
                            Last edited by snugglebuu; July 24, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I have the full version of the dominion leveling guide, that is the one that does not work. However when i log into a exile character the guide loads with no problems
                              This is because your exile character only has the trial, which is only 2 guides, so it loads faster and avoids the problem. The Dominion guide is a full 1-50 guide and has to load a lot more causing it to fail for some reason.

Just downloaded an update from the client the addon now loads, but the guide section is empty
                              So you weren't seeing the addon before on Dominion but you are now. What happens when you click the orange button on the icon and select a guide?

Comment

When I click the orange arrow to go to the guide selection the place where the guides normally are is grey and I cant select anything in the box

Comment

Working...
                                X