OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classic Zygor is a little disappointing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guides are designed for solo questing so any quests that would be very difficult to do solo are not included.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Just my little bit of feed back.

I have been solo questing except for 3 total dungeon runs and at lvl 22 i am out leveled most of the quest the guide has me doing and if i try to skip ahead it just seems to destroy the flow of the guide. I agree that i like the way your retail guide is laid out as it allows us to pick zones for our level range. I have enjoyed your guide for as long as i can remember and have played since release of retail. I look forward to the improvements i know you all will make.

Comment

Just a little update. I was in Hillsbrad, and I've now been sent to Arathi Highlands for literally ONE quest, then grind my way up to 33, all while ignoring all the other quests that are directly near the spot I'm grinding at.

The guide is utterly broken. It sends you on useless travels all the time. I don't mind paying for good products, and the addon itself and its functionality is stellar. I don't know anything about retail, but please, fix your classic guides ASAP.

Comment

I had the same thoughts as everyone here when I first used zygor ( omg so many back and forth, so much travelling, walking), but then I understood what zygor said, that this is classic, is not made to wipe an area with a single visit. I started as a priest and at level 26 I was mad because of my choice, I just don't fit playing priest. Then I bought xygor to reroll a new class and i just loved and still loving the experience. By all means the guide is very comfortable for soloing, it made me met so many areas I never went to, a new roll of quests, this is by far the best wow experience I had in years. I took 6 days to catch level 26 with my group. I just hit lvl 27 in 3 days with thisnl guide. Thanks so much for the experience. Totally worth 8 dollars.

PS: I just think the guide should give options like crossroads. For ex when you reach level 20, the guide should ask and give options of where to go next. Not just ordenate to a single place.
          Last edited by Dacosta; September 3, 2019, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I think the biggest problem is the amount of grinding still needed in the higher levels. I am 44 right now, have killed every mob I come across while traveling to other locations, and out of the blue, with only 30% of the way to 45 the guide says "Kill mobs until you are lvel 45". That would take me like 5 hours...

I just don't get it. There are tons of level appropriate quests in other areas that would just take a little traveling to get to (10 minutes) and are not part of the Zygor leveling guide in later parts (I checked). But instead the easier route seems to be taken, telling us to grind instead of writing the guides to these quests.

And I know its classic, not retail. I haven't played retail in like 10 years, so I am used to having to grind. But this amount is simply too much and not needed.
            Last edited by Blubberino; September 3, 2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I’m fine with the grinding it’s part of classic and I played at release so I had to do it then too. The bigger issue I have is out leveling the quest in my logbook based on going by the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacosta View Post
                I had the same thoughts as everyone here when I first used zygor ( omg so many back and forth, so much travelling, walking), but then I understood what zygor said, that this is classic, is not made to wipe an area with a single visit.
                This is simply incorrect.

Yes, you need to go back and forth quite a lot in Classic.

I just started in STV, and after doing the Tiger/Panther/Raptor Mastery quests, I was sent to Booty Bay, without doing any of the other quests in northern STV, then, I was immediately sent to Ratchet, to run down to Thousand Needles, to the very west, finish one quest, get the flight point, and then run all across Thousand Needles to the shimmering flats.

This is all just a huge waste of time, and it would be immensely more efficient to just do all northern STV quests in one go.

It would even be more efficient to just grind in a spot there. I know, because I've been keeping track of my xp/h, and it was about 15k just grinding, and it's 8k now with Zygors.
                Last edited by omega4711; September 3, 2019, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I just wanted to point out that i have been running into a lot of parts of the guide were I am being asked to go someplace to talk to a specific NPC but the guide is leading me to a wrong location, often times not even in the right zone.

Example Quest: Report to Kadrak (he is in the northern part of the Barrens right at the entrance to Ashenvale. However the guide is insisting I go to Stonetalon Mountains Specifically Malaka'jin. There is no flight path here, no hearth, and no reason to be sent here. I had this problem as well when accepting the quest Journey to the cross roads from Mulgore. It kept asking me to go back into Mulgore.

I have also had a bunch of steps ask me to pick up a quest in Camp Taurajo(ignoring other quests in the town), fly to crossroads to turn in one quest, then fly back to Camp Taurajo to pick up another quest (that was right next to me the first time i was there) and then do that quest just east of the camp, then go back, then fly back to the cross roads.

There are a lot of very inefficient pathing problems. I am also finding that when I ask to do Quest cleanup, its dumping quests that i still need and then later when I need to complete quests they are no longer in my questlog and I am unable to find them again to re-obtain them.

After leveling 4 toons to 20-25 now. This has been consistently a problem. Since then I have been using Questie alongside Zygor and more or less just allowing zygor to suggest things, but often times I am ignoring its pathing due to these above mentioned issues.

I understand this probably had very limited play testing but some of these just seem kind of silly.
                  Last edited by wildkatt87; September 4, 2019, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildkatt87 View Post
                    I just wanted to point out that i have been running into a lot of parts of the guide were I am being asked to go someplace to talk to a specific NPC but the guide is leading me to a wrong location, often times not even in the right zone.

Example Quest: Report to Kadrak (he is in the northern part of the Barrens right at the entrance to Ashenvale. However the guide is insisting I go to Stonetalon Mountains Specifically Malaka'jin. There is no flight path here, no hearth, and no reason to be sent here. I had this problem as well when accepting the quest Journey to the cross roads from Mulgore. It kept asking me to go back into Mulgore.

I have also had a bunch of steps ask me to pick up a quest in Camp Taurajo(ignoring other quests in the town), fly to crossroads to turn in one quest, then fly back to Camp Taurajo to pick up another quest (that was right next to me the first time i was there) and then do that quest just east of the camp, then go back, then fly back to the cross roads.

There are a lot of very inefficient pathing problems. I am also finding that when I ask to do Quest cleanup, its dumping quests that i still need and then later when I need to complete quests they are no longer in my questlog and I am unable to find them again to re-obtain them.

After leveling 4 toons to 20-25 now. This has been consistently a problem. Since then I have been using Questie alongside Zygor and more or less just allowing zygor to suggest things, but often times I am ignoring its pathing due to these above mentioned issues.

I understand this probably had very limited play testing but some of these just seem kind of silly.
                    Mhh, I used the guide to 46 now and while I really noticed a lot of things that could be improved, wrong locations or quests disappearing have never once been a problem. Playing Alliance btw. Are you sure you did not accidentally get rid of quest items? If you do the corresponding quests are automatically removed from your log.

Comment

Originally posted by zacca007au View Post
                      The retail guide is still good, but the classic guide is terrible. It just sent me from crossroads on a half hour run to stonetalon to hand in 1 breadcrumb quest, then ignore all the quests there and run back to crossroad then fly to camp T, hand in 1 quest and ignore the bunch there, then fly back to org.

It's like this throughout the whole guide, so disorganised and inefficient.
                      This is exactly what needs to be re-vamped, and looked at for the 1-20 experience. This is what most people are upset about.

Comment

Originally posted by omega4711 View Post
                        This is simply incorrect.

It would even be more efficient to just grind in a spot there. I know, because I've been keeping track of my xp/h, and it was about 15k just grinding, and it's 8k now with Zygors.
                        No is not. Is my point of view and experience.

Comment

So it is your experience to spend the majority of your time running across two whole zones to turn in ONE single quest? Then run back across the whole zone into another zone?

That's not how leveling works. You go to a quest hub and do all the quests in the zone that are level appropriate. You go to another zone quest hub and do all quests there. You return to the previous zone and do the (elite) quests that you were previously too weak for. This works very well in Redridge and Duskwood, for example. But also in STV.

You literally don't need to grind in Classic. It will never be more efficient than smart questing. Yes, you can grind, and it's faster than running around looking for stuff to do. But if you know what you do, you will always kill some quest mob while grinding, with minimal travel in between.

Comment

https://i.imgur.com/b40icl7.png

Am i really supposed to grind out a level and a half in 1 area?
                            Been using it since lvl 28.

Comment

No, for now, just skip grind steps entirely, and only grind (or run dungeons) if you start feeling things becoming too difficult. We will have the guides entirely reworked to feel better within the next 1.5 weeks or so.
                              Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                              http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                              http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                                No, for now, just skip grind steps entirely, and only grind (or run dungeons) if you start feeling things becoming too difficult. We will have the guides entirely reworked to feel better within the next 1.5 weeks or so.
                                please don't ruin them too much, the fact that the guides make it so i don't have to wait for a group is the reason why they work so well for vanilla. You guys do a perfect job of making sure that we can actually solo and do the guide solo with zero issues.

Just worried a rework because of people clearly forgot how vanilla leveling worked would ruin it. So you'll start including quests with named mobs that come with 3-4 ads and we just can't do it solo anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X