Step 73 Borean Tundra Valiance Keep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step 73 Borean Tundra Valiance Keep.

Why do I get told to speak to Dungar Longdrink to fly to Menethil Harbour ?
    ' Judge not, less thee be judged yourself ' James Hetfield.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Faethor/simple

What does the step display?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Vist The Candy Bucket in Borean Tundra, Valiance Keep and the arrow is saying speak to Dungar Longdrink to fly to Menethil Harbour, also step 91, Visit the Candy Bucket in Strom Peaks, Bouldercrags Refuge. The arrow and the guide is telling me to fly to Sholazar Basin from Frosthold. I had just finished the Outland buckets and flew to Shattrath and used the portal to SW.

Comment

Thanks for the added info. Sounds like the travel system is having a problem. Will add this to the list of things to be looked at.

Comment

Can you perhaps be more specific about the route? Where were you exactly, where was the destination, and where did the travel system point you to? (Rightclicking the arrow should show the full route planned)

Comment

I cant go back and do it again unfortunatly as this was my 9th time doing the buckets for guild rep . I had just come through the portal from Shattrath into SW and jumped of the mage tower to the ground. My destination was Borean Tundra, Valiance Keep. The travel system was pointing me to the SW flight Master Dungar Longdrink and instructing me to fly to Menethil Harbour, this was with every character I done the buckets on. I know this was wrong as the Menethil Harbour boat takes people to Valgarde in Howling Fjord. So I have had to skip that everytime and just get the boat from SW Harbour. Like people have said in previous posts, we have paid for this item but rather then waiting for the event to finish, why are these bug reports not being fixed for people.
            Saying that though these are probably for some unknown reason put in just to give us customers something to moan about and to keep the costs of the guides up and Moderators busy answering them.

Actually I just realised I still need to do Northrend buckets on another alt. I will double check and repost what I find.

Ok, after completing the outland buckets and arriving in SW the guide and the arrow tell me to fly to Menethil harbour catch the boat to valgarde and then fly to Valiance Keep. Time wasted doing this could save a helluva lot of time. Now I thought these guides were the quickest guides around. I also think flying to Argent Stand then to Zim Torga is also a waste of time as we have to fly back over Argent Stand to get to K3.

Lastly does someone at Zygor actually test these before release, or do they get rushed out to keep the whiners happy. I would personally prefer a late release (2-3 days after event start) then one that is obviously rushed, and makes the whiners worse. Also for more info the same thing happens with Booty Bay and Rachet.
            Last edited by Faethor; October 29, 2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

This problem is not related to the event guides, but to how the Travel System works. It's not that we're trying to wait for the event to be over before fixing it, just that this is a bit more in depth thing to fix as it would affect any guide trying to send you to the same area.

Comment

I updated my post Cabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Faethor View Post
                  Lastly does someone at Zygor actually test these before release, or do they get rushed out to keep the whiners happy. I would personally prefer a late release (2-3 days after event start) then one that is obviously rushed, and makes the whiners worse. Also for more info the same thing happens with Booty Bay and Rachet.
                  As I said, this is the travel system directing you like that and not the guides themselves. The guide tells the Travel System where you need to go and then the Travel System tries to find the fastest way there. We often don't find all the little quirks in the new code when we're testing. The Travel System still needs tweaking to it but if you find it keeps giving these odd routes you can easily disable the Travel System in the options and the arrow will just point to where you need to go without trying to find you a fast route there.

Comment

Ah ok, so instead of having a GPS I have an astronomer from the 17th century. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Lastly step 91 doesn't even send me to Bouldercrags Refuge.
                    Last edited by Faethor; October 29, 2012, 07:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Where is step 91 trying to send you?

Comment

Working...
                      X