netherwing egg hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

netherwing egg hunting

hi im having trouble with the optimized path guide for netherwing egg hunting,
    i follow the steps but the eggs are not in the positions the guide says

any ideas?

There is a chance there is Egg, it's not guaranteed that you'll find a egg

Comment

Not tried myself yet but other posts say that hunting eggs is a pain so just be patient.
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Yeah, egg hunting is hit and miss. The eggs respawn at random times. I would find one in a marked location sometimes and most of the time not! But I always made the circuit because you never know!

Sometimes I would get an egg from farming herbs or ore. I think I found most in the mine.

Good luck!

Comment

The eggs are random spawns. Follow the circuit and don't worry, you will get you're share of eggs. I haven't used the guide yet, but make sure to check the mountain tops, I found a lot of eggs on the top of the mountains, as well as in the mine.

As stated earlier, you can also gather them from the mining ability. I have not use a herbalist to complete the daily to gather herbs, so I don't know if you could possibly get drop from that.

Run all the daily quests and run the egg routes and you'll have your drake PDQ.

Comment

To get the most out of the path I have found I would have to run it several times per session. I typically do the dailies, collect the eggs, and run this quick formulae to figure out how many eggs I need. (Total Rep-X)/250 That gives you about how many eggs you need left. So at revered, once I finish the dailies today, I'm going to figure that out and then farm my eggs all day.

I find about 4-6 per circuit. (Other servers may vary) and most of them are in the mine, make sure to kill EVERYTHING, because everything in there has a chance to drop one, I tend to skip the goos, because I hate looting the sludge encrusted junk since it doesn't stack, it just make sit less efficient.

When doing your dailies also keep an eye out for eggs, you never know you might find one.

I have come to the belief that at any given time there are 2-4 spawned, and once you collect one a new one has the chance to spawn...can someone prove or disprove this theory?

Comment

Wow, I feel silly. I was following the path, collecting one, going back and turning it in, then starting the path over again.
              Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
              Goal Weight: 198
              16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
              22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

Don't feel silly, how far are you in the guide? I am almost exalted and while doing my quests today I was in the mines and picked up 8 eggs in the mines either from spawns on the ground or loot drops off the flayers/ravagers/little blue alien dudes.

Today has been a good day for netherwing rep. I will have my drake(S) today I am sitting at 19525/21000 I am quite excited.

At any rate, like I said before runt he path several times a play session and you will advance more quickly than doing just the quests. And stack them up, heck you could even get your Exalted in 1 day if you found enough eggs. Today has been good to me, most days I find 4-5 in a couple of cycles, but today I didn't have to even try.

Good luck with the mounts.

Comment

How much do the Drakes cost after the first one? The first one is free right?

Comment

I just finished my quest line, I had to find 4 eggs to finish /cheer. Yes the first one is free, after they cost 200 gold and can be found at the base camp on netherwing ledge where you have been questing the entire time.

Comment

So how much total gold for a full fleet of Netherdrakes?

Comment

Should be 6 total drakes, first one free, 200g after that, so 1000g.
                        Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
                        Goal Weight: 198
                        16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
                        22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

Optimized Egg path

Originally posted by pendleburyy View Post
                          hi im having trouble with the optimized path guide for netherwing egg hunting,
                          i follow the steps but the eggs are not in the positions the guide says

any ideas?
                          They are only at these positions if you are lucky...they do not have to be there..but it works good..my best results have been early in the morning (just after reset) when not so many egghunters have been around...

my best result has been 14 eggs in one 24 hour period....

Thanks Zygor...since yesterday I am the proud owner of an onyx dragon...took me 7 days....

also this was the first year i managed to do the noblegarden in time..looking forward to childrensweek now...

Andy

Comment

The eggs also drop from kills in the mine? Did I understand that correctly?
                            Lightbringer Server
                            [B]Zestina[/B]- [COLOR="Red"]Hunter [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"][B]Lvl 96[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Yes. But the drop rate is very low.This is the drop rate: http://www.wowhead.com/item=32506#dropped-by
                              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.
                              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X