Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Stop the Gurubashi

Good morning all,

I just updated my Zygor Guides to include this. I stumbled across the quest line while doing something else in STV.

I cannot, however, find any reference to Cataclysm in my "Dailies" Guide; it only goes up to Outland. I used the Zygor Guides Updater which shows that my guide is up to date. Am I looking in the wrong place? The Updater shows version 3.1.2096.

- I just did a "repair" followed by "Install" however when I log into the game I have no Zygor addons whatsoever. I checked in my WoW Interface file and the files with the old date are there. Should I remove those files completely and download manually rather than using the Updater?

I've used the Updater successfully ever since it came out. Can't imagine why things are not working for me now. Can't help it - I can't live without the guide anymore lol

Edit: checked into the actual Zygor files in the Interface/Addons/Zygor Guides and found that it's updated as of today. Hmm. Also noted that the Cata.lua is there.
    Last edited by Anwen; May 2, 2011, 11:05 AM. Reason: adding note

Are your password and username in the settings of the guide? Also the updater doesn't like special characters in the passwords like %$#@! so if it has those you will want to change your password in the member's area of the website.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Anwen View Post
      Good morning all,

I just updated my Zygor Guides to include this. I stumbled across the quest line while doing something else in STV.

I cannot, however, find any reference to Cataclysm in my "Dailies" Guide; it only goes up to Outland. I used the Zygor Guides Updater which shows that my guide is up to date. Am I looking in the wrong place? The Updater shows version 3.1.2096.

- I just did a "repair" followed by "Install" however when I log into the game I have no Zygor addons whatsoever. I checked in my WoW Interface file and the files with the old date are there. Should I remove those files completely and download manually rather than using the Updater?

I've used the Updater successfully ever since it came out. Can't imagine why things are not working for me now. Can't help it - I can't live without the guide anymore lol

Edit: checked into the actual Zygor files in the Interface/Addons/Zygor Guides and found that it's updated as of today. Hmm. Also noted that the Cata.lua is there.
      To be able to use the Dailies and Events for Cataclysm you will need to purchase the upgrade for 80-85. We see you have done this for your leveling Guides but not for the Dailies. Thanks
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Wow, that's got me, I didn't know I hadn't purchased everything!!!

However, let's assume that for the moment I'm not purchasing the dailies upgrades, How do I get my zygor guides back into WoW? The files are all there in the Interface/addon directory, but when I log into Wow and check the addons, all that's there is the Zygor Talent Advisor. Checking in the game's interface, the Talent Advisor is there for some toons but for otheres there is absolutely no Zygor whatsoever.

Thanks for your help, its really appreciated.

Comment

Ok, you're saying that on the character select screen when you click the Addons button in the bottom left that the Zygor Guides Viewer does not show in the list? Just want to make sure that I understand your problem first.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No, it doesn't show up on the list.

When I actually log in to WoW it is not present, as one would expect since it's not on the addons list.

Comment

Ok, my suggestion at this point would be to delete any Zygor folders inside your Interface/AddOns directory and run the Updater to get a fresh copy of all the files. If you run the Updater after deleting the folders and it still shows you an installed version then the Updater is installing things into the wrong directory and you'll have to re-set the directory in the Settings of the Updater.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Will do that right now and report back.

Edit: Reporting back -

I had previously checked the settings and knew that it was installing to the correct directory. However I deleted all Zygor as well as all my other addons. Figured I might as well update all that had been updated to 4.1 while I was at it.

Reinstalled Zygor (using the Updater) as well as applicable other addons and everything is fine.

Now to see about buying some Dailies Guides.

You guys - and girls - are all awsome. Thank you for your patience and careful instruction. One day we'll all "get it"!
                Last edited by Anwen; May 2, 2011, 04:28 PM. Reason: Resolved

Comment

Working...
                X