Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netherwing Egg Farming Guide

This guide is broken.

If you find 1 egg and cross a trigger in the mine near the entrance the guide skips all the way to the end. If you dont have any eggs in inventory it will take you to each point. There should be no reason for any triggers based on looting an item at all, since the point of farming is to find as many eggs as possible.

This is extremely annoying, and breaks the purpose of even having the way points.

I can't see anything in the guide that would cause this behavior. The guide isn't even looking to see if you collect an egg. Please try running the Zygor Updater and click the Repair button.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ran a fresh install. Still doing it.

Once you loot an egg, and you get to certain spots in the guide, it just jumps to the end really fast skipping over all the waypoints of the rest of the egg locations.

Comment

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ght=netherwing

Same issue as the above post.

Comment

I'll get this added to our bug list so we can see if there is something that would be causing this in the code.

Comment

I can confirm this behaviour of the guide, after getting one egg all of the following steps turn blue because step 40 is marked complete.
            This is the code of that step:
            .' Turn in all of the Netherwing Eggs you have collected |collect 0! Netherwing Egg##32506

The problem is in goal.lua, line 377:
            if self.count==0 then self.count=1 end
            If the item count of the collect goal is 0 it will be set to 1 which causes the step to complete when you have exactly one egg.
            If you have 0 or 2 eggs the step is not complete then.
            But commenting out this line of code will cause the guide to skip all the steps if you have exactly 0 eggs (which you have when you start the guide).

I don't see an easy solution for this because you start with 0 eggs and the turnin step should turn green if you again have 0 eggs.
            Currently putting in an |always confirm (and maybe changing the goal.lua to not override the 0) to the turnin steps would help. That way you need to click to continue after turning in the eggs.

Edit: one small issue, step 46 that tells you to go into the mine does not have a waypoint:
            'Go inside the mine to 64.8,87.2 |n
            This gets parsed as text so there needs to be a goto before that line.

Comment

Cartman, for that turn in line would this work?

.' Turn in all of the Netherwing Eggs you have collected
              .'Click to continue |confirm

Maybe taking out the item check on that line completely would resolve the problem.

Comment

That should work, to make it 100% safe a |confirm always can be used.
                The "click to continue" is not necessary, this comes from the |confirm switch.
                So it should look like this:
                .' Turn in all of the Netherwing Eggs you have collected
                |confirm always

Looks like there's no other step to turn in the eggs. But the guide is in Alliance and Horde guides.

Comment

ive got all eggs and did the quests, now i have the mounts its working well, try to reinstall

Comment

Working...
                  X