Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children Week BG Clarification

Hi,
    I'm just getting started on the in-game guide. Thank you!!!!
    I'm not very experience with the whole Battleground part of the game and seeing in advance what I'll have to do there with capturing flags etc has me worried.

I'm guessing you have the basic's covered when I start on the achievements section but I'm wondering are there strategies for us noobs to get thru the BG portions?

Any help would be appreciated and if everything IS fully covered in the in-game part please feel free to delete this post.
    Thx again

glitch

Zygor Guides Viewer: Warning: quest has no such goal: step 23: lone 3: quest 11975: goal 1

Comment

Battlegrounds are tricky cause there will be plenty of people trying to get the achiv as well and there will be ones who dont who want to win the battleground and you will have the ones who taking advantage of the sitation and kill u over and over again just to get honor points.

All this makes the tasks complicated to do however i have seen a few times that both sides have been nice and helped each other out to get the task done however this is very rare.

My best advice would be to try get your friend and guild members to do the battlegrounds together as a group this way you can work together as a team and you will have less people to contend with however it will still be hard if your not use to pvp but long as you keep trying you will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by toltec View Post
        Zygor Guides Viewer: Warning: quest has no such goal: step 23: lone 3: quest 11975: goal 1
        Fixed. Please update.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ourchat View Post
          Battlegrounds are tricky cause there will be plenty of people trying to get the achiv as well and there will be ones who dont who want to win the battleground and you will have the ones who taking advantage of the sitation and kill u over and over again just to get honor points.

All this makes the tasks complicated to do however i have seen a few times that both sides have been nice and helped each other out to get the task done however this is very rare.

My best advice would be to try get your friend and guild members to do the battlegrounds together as a group this way you can work together as a team and you will have less people to contend with however it will still be hard if your not use to pvp but long as you keep trying you will get it.
          that ahpopened to the allyas and horde on our server on alterac valley. i still didnt get the flag thing

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions for the school of hard knocks achievement. I have been the eye of the storm 3 times, first time I didn't have a clue of what to do. I've been in WG twice almost but no cigar and in AB I turned the flag from Ally to Horde but did not get credit for the assault. WTF!

My string of 4 holiday title is in jepordy. I'm screwed!

Comment

Did you have your orphan out when you did all these?
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yes, the first thing I do after rezing from the graveyard is spawn the orphan. I play as an undead Mage so I end up dying trying to capture the flag or defend it in WG.

What constitutes an assault on a flag or tower? In AB in turned a flag from blue to red but did not get credit for an assault. Do I have to be the first player to the flag or tower to do this or can it be done with a group of team members around the flag?

Comment

These PvP quests sucked this month. Here is what/how I did them:

Gulch: removed ALL my equipment and walked around neked with orphan out, trying to give a pointer to the horde that I was doing acheivs. It took four attempts but this worked. After I helped them they finally came and helped me.
                  • Walk naked into their bunker (die a LOT until they understand)
                  • Pickup their flag
                  • Backup 3-4 steps and drop their flag -- click icon in upper right to drop
                  • Rinse and repeat until all horde have acheiv
                  • Hope they do the same for you ... took me 4 times
                  • When they drop the flag you simply pick it up and *poof* one down

AB: Easy really ... just died a lot as a clothie.
                  Convert a flag from opposing faction to yours
                  Grey to yours does not work
                  AV: Little more tricky but was the easiest really, just took time to get done due to the large number of people doing the same as me.
                  • Go into a tower with a flag, have orphen out
                  • Click the flag and convert it to your side (careful... it took me 10-12 tries because "my" click was not as fast as someone else)
                  • Leave the BG

EoTS: Now this just plain sucked, and sucked bad. I must have tried this about 65 times over two days. A plate wearer will do better then my soft little mage.
                  • Get a tower or three under your sides control
                  • Goto the middle and actually snag the flag
                  • Run, without getting killed, to a tower and stand on the little circle
                  • Hint: I finally completed this by running as support along side the flag carrier helping kill horde as we went. The warrior carring the flag was nice enough to drop the flag at the top of the hill and I only had to carry it about 10 feet.
                  Cairne Realm
                  Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                  Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                  Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Gulch: So after you helped the Horde get the achievement they followed you to your base to get your flag and dropped it for you to pick up?

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                      Gulch: So after you helped the Horde get the achievement they followed you to your base to get your flag and dropped it for you to pick up?
                      yup. Lucky for me it was a Tauren warrior as one of the people would not shooting him, not for lack of me and one other asking him to stop. The ally moron was not able to kill the Tauren. He walked in, picked up and dropped the flag 3x then left ... getting hit the entire time. The moron warlock followed him outside so I am not sure what happened to the lock once they stepped outside but if it was bad for the lock he deserved it
                      Cairne Realm
                      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

LOL, I ended up getting this achievement late Friday night. Luckily a flag carrier dropped the flag for me 10 ft before the base so I could pick it up as I provided support as the Allies chased him. The round ended right after I returned it.

Comment

Working...
                        X