Rep (Exalted) Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rep (Exalted) Question

I have a warlock and a Death Knight that I'm having trouble getting all my faction cities to exalted with.

The warlock because I had her long before I bought Zygor guides, and the DK because...well...you start out at lvl 55.

My question is...

If I do EVERY step of every guide (minus race or class specific steps), meaning every 1-13 lvl guide and all steps in the main 13-80 guides (minus the new guides that came with the dailies guide, ie. every quest for every Northrend zone) and then finish up with the home cities exalted guide...

will I in fact be exalted with every race.

I would like to know from someone who's done just that. No battlegrounds rep, no rep from dungeon quests, or from turning in cloth...just flat out Zygor guide quest rep.

I know that's probably a tall order, but my DK has done:

DK starting area guide (some steps skipped due to leveling too fast/rested xp)
    60-80 main guide (some steps skipped due to above reason)
    1-13 guides for every race (every possible step done)
    The exalted guide for your faction cities (every step done)
    Main guides for lvl 13-45 (every step done)
    and even some easy dungeon quests for the rep seeing that he can easily solo them.

and I still don't see how I'm going to be exalted with everyone. I'm currently exalted with Orgrimmar and Undercity (I'm undead), but I still have 12,000 to go for Silvermoon City and Thunder Bluff and about 9,000 to go for the Darkspear Trolls.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to try and be as detailed as possible and find out if it's worth finishing up every step of the remaining guides (45-80) seeing as I've noticed on a lot of quests now, I don't gain rep. Well with ratchet, everlook, booty bay, etc...but that's not the rep I'm looking for.

Should I finish up every step, and will it get me exalted? Or should I just start farming cloth?

Thanks in advance for the help.

So I have noticed that sometimes you get rep for a town outside that town. Example, go to IF and do a quest and get rep for SW. I only say that because maybe if you keep going in an area even once you have max rep it will help other areas?
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Just doing the leveling guide, keeping your SIS feature set to 80.... I havent done the math, but I'll say no.
      My reason for not checking into it with a pencil and paper.... there is a rep guide to use.
      If it was as simple as turning off the SIS feature, I dont think Zygor would have made a separate guide to get us rep.
      Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Short of turning in cloth, it is pretty much impossible to become exalted with all five faction cities before the Argent Tournament. That being said, it might be possible for a human to do it since they have the +10% rep bonus from Diplomacy.

I already have the Loremaster of the Eastern Kingdom and am 36 quests shy of Loremaster of Kalmindor on my BE pally and I still had to turn in cloth to get exalted with trolls.

Just by their nature of not really having there own true starting areas gnome and troll rep pretty much caps out in the mid revered range. Every other race pretty much has two zones to level from 1-20 and build rep, the Barrens is shared by the Orcs and Tauren but is so large it almost counts as two zones.

As for getting rep outside of a town, most quests do give rep to other cities in the faction but it is only a small portion (25%) of the rep given from the quest.
        My tanks:
        Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
        Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
        Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
        Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
        Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
        Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
        Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
        Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
        Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment