Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Zygor over Dugi?

hi all,

I have used the lvl'ing guide for about 6 months now, thank you it has been amazing you helped me to get my first toon to 80.

I was just wondering what makes the Zygor guide better than the Dugi

I am considering which one to purchase
    thank you for the info

~ailijic

All I will say is, some will prefer Zygor's guide and some will prefer Dugi's guide.
    The best thing to do is try their free trial out, and see which one fits you as a player best.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Ummm...

That's not really an answer. How about a compare and contrast list? Pros & Cons?

Comment

Zygor Dugi

Hi this is a question that everyone wants to know, but to get an answer that is fare that gives you a problem, I hope Zygor doesn’t mind but I give you and honest answer or at least as I see it.

Firstly both guides have their good sides, to be honest both guides do the same thing not in the same order but they both reach you to 80 the starting off area in outland is easier going with dugi if you’re a clothie how ever if you are knew to wow and don’t know your way around then you have to go to Zygor as his guide explains every step where to go who to talk to and where the person is what’s around him/her etc, I found this a very big plus to Zygors guide.
        Today you can try both guides for free so try before you buy .

Spasm

Comment

Originally posted by raun60 View Post
          That's not really an answer. How about a compare and contrast list? Pros & Cons?
          There's really no sort of answer you can place here. Both guides are efficient, get the job done, and have nice speeds with it. I can't lay out any chart based off of statistics of why the customer's believe Zygor's product is better, but I can give a list of opinions as to why:

Zygor's Guide
          * The in-game guide is completely custom and is very decorative.
          * Makes use of a Smart-Injection System allowing the use of heirloom items and the "LFG" tool.
          * In-game talent advisor with custom builds available on the forums.

Dugi's Guide
          * The in-game guide is through TourGuide, which some prefer and others don't.
          * Some believe that Dugi has a better questing path in the 70-80 section of the guide as it experiences all of Northrend.
          * Introduces a separate guide for Dungeon Leveling (which you must pay for) but gives a map of the dungeon as well as tells you where to grab the quests, and when to turn them in.

The above comparison may seem a little biased, and it probably was, because honestly I have never tried Dugi's guide and I don't plan to anytime soon. Not because I of a personal feeling to him, and not because I don't think his guides are efficient, but because I simply hated using TourGuide and the way you have to select the guides, plus the amount of money I would have to put forth to get the products I wanted would be way too much.

Regardless of the opinions, this is opening a discussion of Pepsi vs Coca-Cola. They both taste great, and quench your thirst, but us as humans have different taste buds. Both guides are great, but as Kamchak so kindly stated, try the trial version of both and see which one you prefer, because we can't decide that for you.

Best regards,
          silverhawk11
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by raun60 View Post
            The reason I left it at that is the debate of equality is moot, imo. The use of a guide such as both Zygor and Dugi have depends greatly on perception of value.
            They both get you to 80, they both list quests and leave out others, they both give you an arrow to use..... so what is there to compare but a persons taste and likes?
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Hi,

I have both guides, but haven't tried out the dailies/events from either atm (since I just switched server and even went alliance), but here's why i like both guides:

Zygor:
              • great ease of installation and updating thanks to the client (at least in Windows, dunno how it goes for OS X)
              • SiS is sweet and the addon has good default settings, while you can customize as you play around with it a bit
              • it looks nice, is very detailed, and it's all-in-one, so you just need one installation and it has less hassle
              • built-in talent addon is easy to use and clearly shows where to put your talents every single lvl, but own Templates are a bit harder to add
              • overall, the questing path is easier, but Blood Elf/Draenei lvl 12-20 zones would have been nice, as there's some good greens to be had there, but the Barrens/Westfall path isn't bad either

other guide:
              • a bit more difficult to install and operate, but their site does explain it well, and they're making progress (Zygor is the clear winner on ease of installation/updating tho)
              • while selecting each guide seperately seems annoying, the fact that you skip manually does have the advantage of showing the direct impact on your questing path and it has standard color-coding for quest difficulty (so this is essentially the typical choice of full automation vs more manual control)
              • it doesn't look as nice and has less detail, but it does save screen estate and gives basic info when hovering over it, and you can set up the guide in a larger screen
              • their addon combo requires TomTom and Talented, and it's more modular for installation (several addons to install), but I personally like Talented better than Zygor's talent mod (but that all boils down to tastes)

[PERSONAL EDIT: Sorry for the late fix on that, exams and job hunting sure can keep someone busy, feel free to remove my edit and your admin notes at your discretion]

[ ZYGOR GUIDES ADMIN NOTE: other guide's "talent solution" is actually the publicly available addon called Talented which is not developed, or owned by other guide. ]

• questing path seems a bit harder, but it also means the rewards are better, and they have a Blood Elf/Draenei lvl 12-20 guide, which is a plus imo

Overall I'd say Zygor does more for you and is easier to use, while other guide lets you do more yourself at the cost of having a bit of a learning curve.
              So essentially Zygor is ideal for a more laid-back style of gaming (call it cruise control lvling) and has less hassle, while other guide is ideal for the control freak who prefers to have a tight grip on things and doesn't mind some fiddling around to get that tight grip.
              Last edited by Negal_Horde; June 24, 2010, 05:42 AM. Reason: overdue fix on the Talented thing
              Altoholic and proud of it!

Babylon 5 quotes:
              • "Touch passion when it comes your way. It's rare enough as it is. Don't walk away when it calls you by name."
              • "Power beckons, and who among us is strong enough to ignore its siren song?"
              • "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

Comment

I am an owner of both guides, and i really haven't found that much between them that really makes one so much better than the other. The main feature i really like is the SiS feature of Zygors guide. It is great. I can leveling in dungeons, or with BoA items, having the guide automatically skip obsolete quests based on level makes leveling that much faster, But on a second note, Dugi's guide, being modular, leaves a much smaller memory/cpu footprint and uses up less screen space.

Basically, as being said by others, it really comes down to personal taste.

Comment

Thank you for all your comments. I tried both and for me the SIS makes all the difference in the world. Zygor's guide seems cleaner and when i was using it I felt like I had very few questions.

What I needed to know was right infront of me when i needed it nothing more nothing less.

Cheers

Comment

To me, the biggest difference comes down to solo leveling speed. While I've never used Dugi's guide, the video on his main page shows a 1-80 /played time of 7d, 10h. Using Zygor's guide I've leveled 3 toons to 80 about a full day FASTER than that. My last lvl 80 ding was at 6d, 6h and some change, but that's a 28 hour difference.

This was pre SIS simply following the guide verbatim. I've done some endgame content since and now am leveling alts using Heirlooms, and I can't speak for Dugi's dungeon leveling guide, but from what I've seen, ZG is clearly faster in the solo leveling path.
                    Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
                    Goal Weight: 198
                    16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
                    22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                      Dugi's Guide
                      * The in-game guide is through TourGuide, which some prefer and others don't.
                      This is not correct, Dugi's Guide is through his own viewer. It used to be via Tourguide, but that changed recently.

Originally posted by Negal_Horde View Post
                      [COLOR=Navy][ ZYGOR GUIDES ADMIN NOTE: Dugi's "talent solution" is actually the publicly available addon called Talented which is not developed, or owned by Dugi. ]
                      Correct; however, the templates which Dugi provides are created by him.

As for which guide is better.. that is all personal opinion. I have used both guides and I think they both work really well for what they are (leveling 1-80). They both have their pros & cons, but what is a pro and a con is up to the person viewing it.

For example, I do not like the large box which Zygor's Guide uses, the small 1 line view of Dugi's fits me better. But that does not mean you will agree with me.

Like I said, I have used both guides. I have Both Horde & Alliance 1-80 guides from Zygor & Dugi, and I think they are both invaluable to me. However, trying to produce a Pro's & Con's list for each is difficult and will be biased.

You need to get the free version of both guides, and try them both out. See which one fits you best and get that one. Both offer their add-on for free.

Comment

Working...
                      X