Reduced Gold from Dailies again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduced Gold from Dailies again??

I checked the forums and saw some old posts about reduced Gold from dailies... 2 years old actually. My understanding is, to get 300 g from 25 dailies I should be getting 12 to 13 gold per daily. I just started getting dailiesin Ice crown, and found that I was only making 7 g 40 s. x 25 that adds up to 185 g. One of the reasons i bought the dailies guide was because I thought I would be earning 300g by doing 25 dailies.

I do not mind having to unlock the dailies, I can understand if it takes time to do so. but this is confusing me. 2 year old posts about a reduced gold payout for dailies, and now i see that Gold is only 8g. so... was this ever fixed by Blizzard? was it Bugged again? is this the permanent state of gold payout since the cap was lifted? Not complaining as I am very pleased with How easy it is to use the levelling and the dailies guide, and will be keeping it, but....if this was Indeed a change implemented 2 years ago... Just.. does Not seem Kosher.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping for answers.
    Last edited by jmedina35; December 18, 2010, 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Originally posted by jmedina35 View Post
    I checked the forums and saw some old posts about reduced Gold from dailies... 2 years old actually. My understanding is, to get 300 g from 25 dailies I should be getting 12 to 13 gold per daily. I just started getting dailiesin Ice crown, and found that I was only making 7 g 40 s. x 25 that adds up to 185 g. One of the reasons i bought the dailies guide was because I thought I would be earning 300g by doing 25 dailies.

I do not mind having to unlock the dailies, I can understand if it takes time to do so. but this is confusing me. 2 year old posts about a reduced gold payout for dailies, and now i see that Gold is only 8g. so... was this ever fixed by Blizzard? was it Bugged again? is this the permanent state of gold payout since the cap was lifted? Not complaining as I am very pleased with How easy it is to use the levelling and the dailies guide, and will be keeping it, but....if this was Indeed a change implemented 2 years ago... Just.. does Not seem Kosher.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping for answers.
    The dailies guide is not 2 years old, so Im not sure which posts you are refering to. There are recent posts after the 4.0.1 patch and pre cata release that spoke of the quests giving half the gold they were supposed to.

Ill have to run the dailies again to see if there is a reduction in the gold delivery, and find out if this is planned or another instance of this bug that our members ran into after the 4.0.1 patch.

Thanks for informing us this may be happening again.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

My bad, I just Looked and what I thought was a date of Post, was a Join date... My apologies.

Comment

No appologies required. I am currious if we are going to get hosed on the gold for these dailies though.
        I ran a couple dailies on my mage in the new content (level 85) and the gold for those was 23g and above. So to take the ICC dailies and reduce them by half cause we are "level 85 toons" or whatever is crap imo. The gold amount for these should not change.
        This had better be a bug, and fixed soon.

Comment

The ICC dailies don't give 13G anymore? I thought they did.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Dont know yet. Ill be at work for another 6 hours before I can see what is going on with the speed gold dailies.
            Do you have a toon that can do an ICC daily and tell us what the gold payout is, Chaos?

Comment

Nope sorry not high enough level do it. But I've bee reading around on other sites and listening to wow podcasts and everybody says once you reach level 85 the dailies go back to what they were. Now you do get more for the cata dailies but the ICC dailies shouldn't be reduced at all once you hit 85. So the speed gold run should still give you the same amount of gold.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                Nope sorry not high enough level do it. But I've bee reading around on other sites and listening to wow podcasts and everybody says once you reach level 85 the dailies go back to what they were. Now you do get more for the cata dailies but the ICC dailies shouldn't be reduced at all once you hit 85. So the speed gold run should still give you the same amount of gold.
                Then that tells me Bliz did not completely fix that bug.

Comment

How so? If you weren't max level you would get xp and reduced gold if you did them. So if your max level then you don't need xp so you get the max gold for them again. Or am I missing something here?
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I think you're right Chaos. It had always been that you needed to reach max level before in order to get the 12-13g per daily simply because you got bonus gold to make up for not being able to gain XP.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

And that was the bug from before. The game thought you weren't max level in 4.0.3a before the expasion was released. They hotfixed it so you could get the max. But now that you can get to 85 they removed the hotfix. So you have to reach 85 before the gold goes back to what it was.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

so, 5 More levels for me before I can benefit from the speed Gold run. The Good news is, that gives me time to do all the pre-quests, and faction... and ATG. Gotta look for that silver lining :-)

Comment

I did the Speed Gold Run No ATG the other day at level 81 or so and I was getting like 7 gold per quest turn in.I was only a couple hundred gold from getting Master Riding and after doing the gold run I had enough for it.The only quest I skipped was Thrusting Hodir's Spear.Still worth it in my opinion.
                          You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

VERY Much worth it!!!

I was so tired last night stopped in the middle of unlocking all the Icecrown dailies.. and they had reset. I thought " Why not just redo the dailies I unlocked? "

Easy Peasy, No need to remember where any quest givers were... did 7 or 8 dailies, caught up with the unlocking, and back on track... This guide, even if it doesn't pay the full 300G til i hit 85 is well worth the price paid.

Keep up the good work, and eagerly anticipating the Upcoming Gold Guide if it is still in the works !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X