Dailies show as "Invalid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dailies show as "Invalid"

I was wondering why the new version of the guide shows the dailies as "invalid" in red? I can still use them, just curious...

This is something that will be changed in a future update. They show that because they're not a leveling guide and that was designed with the leveling guides in mind.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by hypersky View Post
      I was wondering why the new version of the guide shows the dailies as "invalid" in red? I can still use them, just curious...
      Yes, we will have to update the coloring on these. They are still useable, just a different color for the time being. Thanks for the report.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

On a slightly different subject, how come when im doing the tol borad dailies using the guide when i finish a particular quest it may or may not move me along to another quest that isnt available that day? isnt the guide supposed to skip the quests that are not available that day? It gets confusing to go where the guide is telling me to only to find out that the quest it is telling me to do isnt one of the ones i have available to do.

Comment

The skip impossible steps thing is not implemented to the viewer but it will come back.
          For now you have to manually skip those steps.
          I think this only happens in Tol Barad and Deepholm.

Comment

alrighty thanks for the immediate reply. look forward to them being reimplemented.

Comment

TB dailies are being automatically accepted however the guide still does not skip impossible steps. yes i do have "skip impossible steps" turned on.

Comment

Have to check that, I did not play WoW for a while...
                Note that the guide is only supposed to skip steps doing quests you don't have and their turnins. Accepting the quests in TB cannot be skipped as the guide does not know which quests are available.

Comment

you know how in tb there a multiple quests that are possible to be given each day but only a few are per quest giver? well even the ones that are not possible for the day are still being listed in the guide when you are doing the quests that are given. these impossible quests are not skipped...

Comment

That's what Cartman said they are not skipped because the guide doesn't know which quests are available. They are random which ones you get.
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by roblinz_10 View Post
                      you know how in tb there a multiple quests that are possible to be given each day but only a few are per quest giver? well even the ones that are not possible for the day are still being listed in the guide when you are doing the quests that are given. these impossible quests are not skipped...
                      This is because it isnt possible for the guide to know which of the quests and how many of them will be given. In other words, it doesnt know when you are done picking everything available from a quest giver. It is pretty easy to select the "complete step" checkbox and move along with a very small amount of inconvenience.
                      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Or just use the next step button. Or use a keybinding for next step.
                        Just to clarify the guide functionality. It tells you to go to all possible quest givers and accept all quests. If quests are not available just move to the next step until you have all possible quests.
                        After that the guide tells you where to go to complete the quests and steps belonging to quests you don't have will be skipped.
                        Also when turning in the quests the guide will skip forward if you don't have the quest.

All this applies also to the Thearazane dailies.

Comment

ok just curious then, if the guide doesnt know which quests to skip then how does it know which ones to accept? does the guide not read your quest log and adjust itself accordingly? not trying to be argumentative , just want to be better informed on how the guide works.

Comment

For example there are 10 possible quests in TB but only 6 are available.
                            The guide has included steps to accept all 10 quests.
                            If all quests would be accepted from one quest giver it would be possible for the guide to automatically move on after 6 are accepted (by simply counting the accepted quests). But because there are 3 or 4 quest givers the guide has no idea if one questgiver does not offer a specific quest.

Comment

By looking at the API functions wow uses it may be possible to enhance the guide to skip forward if an NPC does not offer more quests.
                              Look at gossip functions here:
                              http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API
                              Maybe this is something for a future update to the guide.

Comment

Working...
                              X