Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dungeon & Gear Guide Doent include updates

Hello,

I was realy interested in this guide, but you released this guide in presumably the last patch of the expansion and the guide does not include expansion updates. So why would we want to pay this money for a guide that would have to be bought again soon enough?

The Dungeon & Gear guide is currently a pre-order. The guides are not complete yet and what you see in game is just a small sample of what they'll be like when finished. We are shooting for a February release on these guides. By pre-ordering them now you are saving 15% off what they will cost once they are completed.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

does that mean if we pre order now we get all expansion updates free?

Comment

As with all of our guide products, new content introduced to the game via an expansion is not included. If you pre-order now when the guides are finished and released you will have guides for all of the dungeons currently in the game and any dungeons that Blizzard adds with a patch for the existing zones that are not part of a new expansion. When Mists of Pandara is released by Blizzard there will be a small upgrade fee to upgrade your guides to include any new dungeons that are put into the game with that expansion. If you decide not to pay the small upgrade fee you will still receive updates for all of the dungeons that your guides cover if Blizzard changes around the mechanics of those dungeons.

Comment

Is there a video showing how the dungeon guide works?

Comment

It works just like your leveling guides. Click the drop down arrow on the guide viewer next to the name of your currently loaded guide. This will open the guide selection window. Now click on the Guides button in the top right, and then select the Dungeon section. Once in there select the guide you want and then click on Accept at the bottom. Just keep in mind that the dungeon guides included are just teaser guides and are not complete at this time.

Comment

Gear

How does the "Gear" aspect of the guides work, Cabby?

Comment

It works similar to the Leveling guides. You access it the same way you would other guides, but it shows you which boss can drop what item in the dungeons so that way you can browse thru the different drops to see what you might want to go after.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Cabby that sounds very good.

I think I will purchase it, although still, like many others, a little unsure about the pricing.

I understand that 35 dollars is the discounted price, in that case the full price, after release, will be 41 dollars 17 cents, (15% more) which seems a strange figure. I think what is confusing us, is the fact that the full price for some other guides is 35 dollars, so it looks as if we are paying the full price after being told we were getting 15 % off.

I would hate to buy it now and find that it was still 35 dollars after release, that would be so upsetting.

Perhaps someone could tells us exactly what the full price is, and what the discount price is.

All this dancing around the prices is starting to look a little like smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Well, I haven't been told anything about what the normal price will be and Zygor is normally very secretive about pricing until the official announcement. My best guess for the dual faction would be either $40 or $45. 15% of $40 is $6 and would put the discount at $34, while 15% of $45 is $6.75 putting the discount at $38.25. I do know however that the way they work with the system is when something is on sale they just adjust the price of the guides for the promo and then once the promo is done they adjust the guide price back to normal. I think the price on these guides will be a little closer to the Leveling guide pricing because each dungeon will have 3 walkthru type of guides, tanking, dps, and healing. That's 61 dungeons x 3 guides per dungeon not including the gear guide for each dungeon. While many of us that have run dungeons will think it's not really needed for most of them, I think the guides are being created to be useful for dungeon newbies. A dungeon like Deadmines is pretty straight forward and easy to get thru, while Wailing Caverns can be a time consuming pain if you have someone trying to lead you around without having a clue how best to do the dungeon.

Comment

Once again thanks, I think that has clarified it.

I am wondering if a similar guide for raids will ever be out, that would be useful.

Best

PH

Comment

Hehe, raids might be a bit harder for the guys to do a guide for. They'd have to double their team just to be able to get a 10 man going and then they would have to deal with the lockout timers.

Comment

This all sounds great, do you know when the complete guide will be available?

Comment

Zygor is shooting for sometime February but this isn't a guaranteed thing yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X