Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get Zygor to show appropriate level quests

Hello,

I recently installed Zygor levelling guide. I'm a level 38, but the guide only seems to allow quests for level 34-39. I'm grinding away on mobs which are too low level. How can I use the guide to help me find appropriate quests. It seems 'suggested' zones are either too low level or too high-level. If i skip ahead to find quests, then how can I use the guide from this point onwards?

The guide seems more of a hindrance right now

I was also under the impression the guide would recommend the most appropriate quests?

What you are having a problem with is because of how Blizzard made questing extremely linear in the 1-60 range. Right now you're not quite high enough level to get the quests in the next guide at 39, but in order to do the quests for your level you have to go back and do stuff a few levels lower than you to unlock them.

The best advice I could give is to just bear it for a little and do what the guide suggests right now. After you get to the proper level for the next area the guides will open a suggestion box asking if you want to skip to the next guide. Just click yes on that and then click on the lightning bolt button on the guide viewer to abandon all quests in your log that you no longer need. This will be the fastest way to get into a good sync with the guides, your level, and what quests are unlocked by Blizzard. Unless, of course, you like to just grind the mobs until you get high enough level for the suggestion box to pop up.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      After you get to the proper level for the next area the guides will open a suggestion box asking if you want to skip to the next guide. Just click yes on that and then click on the lightning bolt button on the guide viewer to abandon all quests in your log that you no longer need. This will be the fastest way to get into a good sync with the guides, your level, and what quests are unlocked by Blizzard. Unless, of course, you like to just grind the mobs until you get high enough level for the suggestion box to pop up.
      Will this allow me to quest 'ahead' of my level? Since Cata, it doesn't really make any sense to quest on mobs unless they're at least 3 levels above?

Comment

Originally posted by redmeat View Post
        Will this allow me to quest 'ahead' of my level? Since Cata, it doesn't really make any sense to quest on mobs unless they're at least 3 levels above?
        I don't know where you get that idea - the vast majority of your XP comes from the quest reward, not the mobs.

Comment

I was referring to the XP gained from the quests. But anyway, if you get better XP from mobs and can do the quest, then it makes little sense to do quests which are too easy.

No one really does quests where the mobs are the same level as their char. Since Cata, levelling has become so much quicker, and easier, it is pointless not to do quests which are easily doable.

Comment

Blizzard has made a lot of the quests require a minimum level to accept them. The guides are based off of this to know when to move you to the next area so you can actually accept the quests there. You can always try to load guides that are a for a higher area and the guide viewer will show the guides, but if you do this please don't complain that you can't accept quests that the guide is telling you to accept.

There had been a nice little saying floating around the forums when we first introduced the SIS back before Cataclysm changed everything. The SIS allowed the guide viewer to find a spot for you to jump into the guides so you could start leveling with minimal fuss. Cata has changed this around greatly, but our suggested guides do the best they can for working within the limitations that Blizzard has in the game. That little saying was 'trust the guides'.

Comment

Hello,

I recently purchased this guide and my character is level 43 yet the guide is suggesting all of the entry level quests (up to Wetlands 19-26). Is there a way to view the quests at my appropriate level?

Thanks

Comment

If you go to the Guide selection menu and hit "Suggested Guides" you should see the guides that are for your level and from there you can select which area you would like to start in.

Comment

You still have the trial guides installed. To get rid of the trial guides and install the guides you purchased do the following:

1. Run the Updater (click on Abort in the small window if needed to prevent the auto-launching of WoW)
                  2. Click Settings
                  3. Enter your Zygor website username and password into the proper boxes
                  4. Click OK
                  5. Click Repair

Comment

Unfortunately It suggested three:Wetlands, Redridge, and Darkshore (which I have already completed). So when I click on Skip this step, I get a message in my chat box that says Zygor cannot find Leveling guides etc... Am I missing something?

Comment

Thanks Cabby!

Comment

Working...
                      X