OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Find the Lost Guards' (Elywnn Forest) bugged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Find the Lost Guards' (Elywnn Forest) bugged.

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

So I've been following the guide step-by-step, and found myself stuck at level 7. The guide is telling me to accept the quest 'Find the Lost Guards' from Guard Thomas, but when I talk to him I can't accept the quest. I've also tried the bill-board next to him, nothing.

Here's a screenshot:
    WoWScrnShot_060712_140845.jpg

So what do I do now? I'm going to skip it for now, but I'm pretty sure I'll be underleveled by the time I get back on track.

Edit: Here's what happened because of it:
    WoWScrnShot_060712_141501.jpg

This quest is part of a chain - you need to complete "A Fishy Peril" and "Further Concerns" in Goldshire first.

I think this happened to me last time I levelled a human - the guide suggests you skip to this section without you having done the first part of the quest chain.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
      This quest is part of a chain - you need to complete "A Fishy Peril" and "Further Concerns" in Goldshire first.

I think this happened to me last time I levelled a human - the guide suggests you skip to this section without you having done the first part of the quest chain.
      Yehp, it cancels the chain quest by suggesting you move on to 5-10 human guide. Although I didn't complete the chain quest the 1-5 guide still says 100% completed though..

At first I didn't think it was a big deal, but since it's a chain quest I've literally had to grind for like 30 minutes just to catch up. So annoying.

Comment

Easiest would be to hearth back to Goldshire, get the quest from Remy Two-times, then from Marshall Dughan and he will loan you a horse which quickly takes you to the bridge where Guard Thomas is.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
          Easiest would be to hearth back to Goldshire, get the quest from Remy Two-times, then from Marshall Dughan and he will loan you a horse which quickly takes you to the bridge where Guard Thomas is.
          Yep, just re-did the whole questline. 45 minutes of wasted time. I hope they fix this :|

Comment

TBH, I'm not convinced it's a good idea to split up the zones like this. I think the potential for missing prequests outweighs the slightly increased XP you get later on in a zone.

Comment

Cabby: Can you let them know to fix this? I just helped my wife (while I was at work) by having her go get A Fishy Peril back at Goldshire.

Comment

Ok, I've added it to the bug list so we can look into ways to not send you on the lost guards quest if the end of the 1-5 section is skipped.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                X