Gathering quests in the Leveling guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gathering quests in the Leveling guide?

I've noticed, as I follow the guide, that there are a lot of steps that involve gathering certain drops before you have to quest that requires them. This is fine, but some of them making leveling quite a bit slower. Specifically, the Bog Lord Tendrils in Zangarmarsh. The initial quest is fine to have in the leveling guide, but forcing the repeatable quest, More Tendrils, is a waste of time. They have such a low drop rate that by the time you can gather the 5 extras you need to complete it, you could have completed several other quests, even assuming you don't have competition for the bog giant kills. The guide won't even let me manually skip the repeatable quest. Same with the Mature Spore Sacks in the same area. If we needed to completely finish Zangarmarsh to level to the 64 plus 9 required for the next guide I could understand looking for the full 40 to get the rep, but even without heirlooms, you don't need anywhere near the whole guide. Move these quests to the loremaster guide or to the end of the leveling guide. They're just slowing everyone down.

The guide only has you doing the repeatable bog lord tendrils and the repeatable spore sacks because you need to do those to raise your reputation with Sporeggar to be able to accept the quests from them and this is the easiest way to do it.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The point I was trying to make is that the Sporeggar quests, and their prerequisite quests, are slower to do than just skipping them and moving on to the Watcher quests and the ones in the Harborage. My friend and I tested this. We both started out just after we hit 64. He farmed the tendrils and spore sacks while I just went on. By the time he had the 40 sacks and 11 tendrils, I had completed quite a few quests and was 2 bars from 65, while he was about 8 bars in.

Comment

Working...
      X