Cannot even set Zygor up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot even set Zygor up

This has been my worst experience in trying to install an addon in 7 years of WoW. As soon as I open the updater / launcher I get thousands of error windows stating" cannot find your Wow installation at:c:\users\public\games\wow
    wow.exe Please check your Zygor Update settings" But of course with the thousands of error windows open - and adding faster than I can delete them - I cannot open the Zygor settings - not until all the error windows are closed and they are infinate in number - I cannot close them except to terminate the Zygor process alltogether. 2 messages to support for help and ZERO responses thus far. I need either 1) Some support help ASAP and get this resolved or 2) A refund ASAP for an addon that does not work.

I have replied to all of the emails you sent in to support so please check your spam folder in your email system to see if it was moved there by your software/web mail.

You have a problem that will be easy to fix. Please right click your WoW desktop icon and select Properties. Now please let me know what it shows in the Target box on the Shortcut tab.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

could we see the solution?

Originally posted by pennic View Post
      This has been my worst experience in trying to install an addon in 7 years of WoW. As soon as I open the updater / launcher I get thousands of error windows stating" cannot find your Wow installation at:c:\users\public\games\wow
      wow.exe Please check your Zygor Update settings" But of course with the thousands of error windows open - and adding faster than I can delete them - I cannot open the Zygor settings - not until all the error windows are closed and they are infinate in number - I cannot close them except to terminate the Zygor process alltogether. 2 messages to support for help and ZERO responses thus far. I need either 1) Some support help ASAP and get this resolved or 2) A refund ASAP for an addon that does not work.
      there are several having this error. Can a tech person post the solution here for all of us to see?

Comment

You will need to replace the paths in the following to match your system as it can vary a little from computer to computer.

First run the Updater and if a small window opens with a 3 second timer on it click the Abort button on that window. Now click on the Settings button. Set the top setting (use the button with 3 dots on it on the right side) to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns and set the 2nd setting (use the button with 3 dots on it on the right side) to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe. Once you have those 2 set be sure to enter your Zygor website username/password into the proper boxes and then you can close the Settings window. Now you should be able to install the guides to the correct location and you can use the Launch WoW button to start the game.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X