getting old looking for the pools of youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting old looking for the pools of youth

the navigation system takes you in a merry go round with no end in sight. thank you zygor for your excellent directions!

When you go into that mogu area and kill the boss at the top of the steps and collect all of the plants, the pools are just behind where the boss was on the left side. Where is the arrow trying to direct you to?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I just went through that section of Krasarang yesterday without any waypoint problems.
      After killing the Dojani Dominator the arrow pointed correctly to the bridge to cross.

Can you recreate the problem and post a screenshot (you can use a higher level character with flying skill and STRG+ALT+leftclick to the guide position)?

Comment

i went looking for the solution in wowhead and i did not understand the tips, so badly they were written, until i had stumbled upon the right path, starting from the road surrounding the hill. i could not find the way from the hill to to the place. the arrow does point at the right place but it does not tell you how to get there. the thread in wowhead shows that it is a common problem, and not a deficiency of mine.
        and, after i had found the place i could not see a way back to the hill. i am going to fly back there with another toon and look more closely.

edit: there is a bridge, but it ends in front of the cliff upon which the pools lie, and the only way to get there is to fly. if your are not level 90 yet you cannot follow this way.
        the bridge i suppose cartmann is mentioning is indeed the best way to the pools.

it is behind the dominator at your left when you are looking at him.
        the path seems closed by a red circular rune. the bridge is at your left just before the short path ends, up a couple of stairs.

one way or another people, me included, cannot seem to notice this path and the tips in wowhead tell you to start from the road below.
        Last edited by hachem; March 18, 2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I looked at this again and I find the directions in the guide good enough.
          There's a path leading from the Dominator's position to the waypoint at the bridge.
          Here are some screenshots that show the path:

I remember getting lost there too with my first character in Pandaria. But that was because the "cross the bridge" step was missing or the step order was different back then (possibly the "kill the Mogu" step first) and I jumped down.

Comment

this is another example of hindsight. you cannot unsee the path once you know it. the fact remains that i looked for it for at least 10 minutes, and i am apparently not the only one

Comment

Would you think a "follow the path here" just before the big red rune on the ground would be more helpful? This could surely be implemented.

Comment

yes it would certainly help. people buy the guide because they do not want to look things up and easily forget what they have learned. at least that goes for me.

Comment

Not only for you, I also play totally on autopilot and everytime there's a step I need to read more careful (because it's a "listen to his story" or something like that) I am totally confused for a second

Cabby, this should be the step inserted between the accept of quest 30347 and the "Cross the bridge" (also in the Horde guide, accept step before is for quest 30128):
                  step
                  'Follow this path |goto 54.8,34.1 <5 |c

Comment

thanks for listening.

Comment

Ok, added to the list to be looked at.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                      X