Error Code when logging in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Code when logging in

when i log into WoW i receve an error code. i have restarted my CPU and also updated Zygor several times. the error code is as follows....

..\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua line 3000:
    'end' expected (to close 'if' at line 2804) near '<eof>'

thank you

It looks good in the main file so I'm thinking you might have a corrupted file. Please exit WoW, go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in there, then run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guide files.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Worked! thank you so much for the quick response. Great service. Wish every company could be like this!

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        It looks good in the main file so I'm thinking you might have a corrupted file. Please exit WoW, go to your WoW/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder in there, then run the Updater and install a fresh copy of the guide files.
        Is there some reason that the Zygor Guide Updater cannot detect and repair this sort of thing automatically, since it has the info with which to do it?

Comment

The Updater is not programmed to try to keep track of a hash file of every file we have to compare to something on the server. It only looks at the ver.lua file to see what the version is that's installed to compare that to the version available, then download any files that were changed between the version numbers.

Maybe this kind of functionality will be in place with the new Updater that is being created, but I do not know.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
            Is there some reason that the Zygor Guide Updater cannot detect and repair this sort of thing automatically, since it has the info with which to do it?
            The repair function on the client can, but manually removing them is just as valid and sometimes preferred because automated processes might not always resolve the issue due to unique factors specific to a users installation. A manual deletion is typically more thorough.

As you can see, the customer was satisfied with the prompt response they received and their issue was resolved.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
            X