Borean Tundra surplus steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borean Tundra surplus steps

I notice this every time I level through BT but always forget to mention it. Quests that take place at the bottom of cliffs (e.g. measuring the anomalies for Librarian Garren) have an extra step in the guide saying "The path down to <location> starts here".

I suspect these are left over from the days when you didn't get flying in Northrend until level 78. I can't think why they would be needed now. It's annoying to have to step past these all the time.

You can get the flying skill right away now but not everyone can afford it so they might still be on ground mounts.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen anybody on a ground mount in either BT or Howling Fjord since WotLK! I suppose if you took two crafting professions you might not have enough gold. I usually just take Skinning alone and have around 1500g by level 60 and around 3000g by level 70 just from auctioning greens and leather. That seems to go for any server that I'm on.

Comment

That's true, but you never know. As an example I have a priest that's 90 and still doesn't have the pandaland flying because I spent too much time in dungeons and never really earned a lot of gold on that toon. Sure, I could send the gold from another toon if i wanted to but I prefer each toon to be a bit more independent in that regard.

Comment

Pretty often I see people begging for money for various riding / flying skills in the capital cities.
          I don't know how it is possible that someone cannot afford it. Seems like many people get two crafting professions even on their first character or waste money getting gear in the auction house while leveling.
          The last character I leveled from 85 to 90 got more than 7000 gold while questing through all Pandaria zones...

Comment

If I would have quested from 85-90 with the priest I would have made plenty for the pandaland flying but I did 4 of those levels solely in the dungeons and that just doesn't generate the money when you are disenchanting all the drops to finish off your enchanting skills.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
              I notice this every time I level through BT but always forget to mention it. Quests that take place at the bottom of cliffs (e.g. measuring the anomalies for Librarian Garren) have an extra step in the guide saying "The path down to <location> starts here".

I suspect these are left over from the days when you didn't get flying in Northrend until level 78. I can't think why they would be needed now. It's annoying to have to step past these all the time.
              I want to add also that the <location> point is rather too specific. Often, I've had difficulty in "hitting" that exact point. Is there some coding way to increase the 'area' bounds of that particular point, so that we don't have to actually step on 1 single screen pixel? It's not important to the whole game; but, if it's easy enough to fix that issue, it would certainly eliminate the irritation of completing that guide-step.

Comment

Yes, I believe the team can add a >10 behind the coordinates so that if you come within 10 yards it will mark it complete (or any number like >5). I'll put this on the list for them to look at and decide if they want to just remove the steps or add in the leeway to the coordinates.

Comment

Working...
                X