Time-saving helpful hint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time-saving helpful hint

This is a helpful hint which wasn't in the Guide steps.

While questing in Aerie Peak and the guide says to go to the Western Plaguelands (on foot), there's a quicker way to get there.

There's a FM in Aerie Peak and another guy standing just a few steps away from him, inside the building. The second guy offers a quest for you to give to the FM. The FM will then offer you a ride to the Western Plaguelands. Much faster than running that entire distance.

Image 1: The guy who offers the quest. He's inside the building.
    Image 1-FM from Aerie Peak to Western Plaguelands.jpg

Image 2: The FM gives you a ride to where you need to go.
    Image 2-FM from Aerie Peak to Western Plaguelands.jpg

I've put this on the list to see about getting it included in either the guide or the travel system.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also there's a new path from Arathi to Hinterlands. I noticed it a few days ago when stumbling over a road leading into a tunnel in Arathi (has been quite some time since I last quested there).
      Especially for Alliance this is the best way to go to Hinterlands since the Horde took over Hillsbrad Foothills.

Comment

Actually that tunnel has been there for quite a while and it's already in our travel system for use.

Comment

Strange, I could swear the travel system wanted me to go somewhere else (there are manual steps at the end of the Arathi guide for the tunnel but I think I skipped to the Hinterlands a bit earlier).
          Anyway, thanks for the info Cabby, maybe the character has messed up travel system settings. I'll check it ingame and report back if there's something not working right.

Comment

Difficult to recheck this as the travel system suggests to take the flight back to Hinterlands.
            But flying from Hinterlands to Arathi I saw a route calculation of the travel system that used the old Hillsbrad path. But that may be because that was faster than the tunnel from the point where I was flying.

Comment

Ok, I was just in game and used some debugging setting to test. I must have been remembering the steps at the end of the arathi guide because I couldn't get the travel system to once try to route me thru the tunnel. I'll put this on the list for the dev team.

Comment

Working...
              X