RAF Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Support

Is there a version of the leveling guide with RAF support?

By RAF (Recruit-A-Friend) support, I mean a leveling guide that pretty much skips collection quests and concentrates on quests that are shared between members of a group.

The reason this is important is because of the +300% XP bonus that RAF supplies. This +300% is only available when both you and the recruited friend are grouped up and within sight of each other, so collection quests take a long time because you have to collect twice as many items, but killing quests, for example, go very quickly.

There are other optimizations like skipping entire zones.

I've seen other leveling guides that include this kind of support, but I own most of the Zygor guides and I like them. I'd rather stick with Zygor for this blitz run to 80 via RAF. Is this available from Zygor leveling guides?

Blizzard has made it that you can't just skip quests and be able to accept other quests at the same hub. Questing in WoW is very linear now. We do the best we can by monitoring your level and suggesting you move on to new hubs/zones when you reach the right level to accept those quests.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by rfarris View Post
      Is there a version of the leveling guide with RAF support?

By RAF (Recruit-A-Friend) support, I mean a leveling guide that pretty much skips collection quests and concentrates on quests that are shared between members of a group.

The reason this is important is because of the +300% XP bonus that RAF supplies. This +300% is only available when both you and the recruited friend are grouped up and within sight of each other, so collection quests take a long time because you have to collect twice as many items, but killing quests, for example, go very quickly.

There are other optimizations like skipping entire zones.

I've seen other leveling guides that include this kind of support, but I own most of the Zygor guides and I like them. I'd rather stick with Zygor for this blitz run to 80 via RAF. Is this available from Zygor leveling guides?
      As you mentioned, the best possibility that can really be offered is just to suggest skipping to a new zone. As for collection quests, you can skip them without any real consequences. To handle this with the guide, just right click the step that's requesting you to collect certain items, and then just click the Skip Quest option. I haven't RAF leveled characters using the guide, I usually just grind dungeons, but I did level a few characters with multiple heirlooms and it was the same situation. I know it's tedious to skip to zones every 5-10 minutes, but that's kind of the problem with RAF and heirlooms. The speed in which you level is just too damn high!
      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I have double-trouble. I'll be full heirloom on both the recruit and the recruiter.

I didn't mention it in the OP, but I'm also *both* the recruit and the recruiter, I'm going to dual-box the two. Should be interesting. I just had to have the two-man flying mount (Obsidian Nightwing.)

Comment

Wow, that's going to be a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend dungeons because you're going to be flying through the zones so fast. Good luck with dual-boxing the characters! I'm not very good at it .

Comment

The problem is that I'm not very good at either tanking or healing so I don't want to foist my lack of skills on others. On the other hand I've leveled a prot pally before by questing so I know that part is pretty easy. I had no problem with elites, even without a healer, so running a prot pally with a healer on follow doing a heal every time I attack with the pally should be straightforward.

Comment

Nice! Good luck again, hopefully it goes by pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
              X