This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken quest - Zangarmarsh

Zangarmarsh Step 67. Broken quest -- after all these years!
    see image
    zangarmarsh step 67.jpg

Still one more to send to developers to add to their over-flowing list of "things to look at")!
    Last edited by kreelor; July 24, 2013, 09:09 AM.

What is your reputation with Sporregar and how many of the sacs and/or tendrils did you turn in?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

According to wowhead comments this quest is not available at friendly anymore. So maybe the step can be flagged with
      |only if rep ('Sporeggar') <= Neutral

Comment

Yes. I think I remember that you folks were going to fix that over 2 years ago. Obviously, it's still on "the list of things to look at". In any event, the Leveling Guide is broken at this point. And, since I couldn't continue from this point, I moved ahead and began completing other quests. But, even after doing that for awhile, I'm still encountering other broken aspects of the guide. Here's one more: * I just turned in a quest to "Watcher Leesa'oh called "Familiar Fungi." The Leveling Guide is telling me to accept a quest from her named "The Tower of Althalaax," but, she's offering some other quest and she does NOT offer that one. See picture:zangarmarsh step 79.jpg

Comment

Cabby, I've been trying to do all the quests in the order that the Zygor Leveling Guide displays them. To answer your question about how many did I turn in for the quest, my answer is that I turned in the number required for that quest. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to complete the quest!

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            What is your reputation with Sporregar and how many of the sacs and/or tendrils did you turn in?
            Reputation? Reputation???

I've followed all the Zygor Leveling Guide Quests, and completed each one in order. Why is the guide offering me quests which should have been flagged (internally) as "Mark this quest as impossible" -- if reputation is < the required amount to accept/complete the quest?

Comment

Knowing what your reputation is helps to know if there's a reputation issue causing you to not be able to accept the quest. And my question about the sacs/tendrils is important because you were supposed to turn in as many as needed to obtain a certain rep level. Of course if you only want to complain and not provide answers to simple questions so we know what caused the problem then it only delays getting problems fixed.

Comment

About the reputation, it's possible Blizzard raised or lowered reputation gained for certain quests or reputation requirements changed.
                Blizzard even broke a quest (the one to collect spore sacks, I think it was broken with Cataclysm) so the guide was changed at that time.
                If Blizzard once again made changes don't always blame the guide, the game has dozens of zones and it's impossible to go through all of them after every patch to see if something works or not.

About the other one with the screenshot, I found a typo in the guide file.
                The Tower of Althalaxx quest has the ID 970, the quest that should be accepted in this step is "Familiar Funghi" which has the ID 9708.
                So it's turnin 9702 (A Question of Gluttony), accept 9708 (Familiar Funghi)

Comment

Both issues should be fixed with today's update.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    Knowing what your reputation is helps to know if there's a reputation issue causing you to not be able to accept the quest. And my question about the sacs/tendrils is important because you were supposed to turn in as many as needed to obtain a certain rep level. Of course if you only want to complain and not provide answers to simple questions so we know what caused the problem then it only delays getting problems fixed.
                    First of all, the Guide itself never even mentions reputation; it says "accept this quest," "quest completed," "turn in this quest."

As I said before, I've done EVERY quest offered by the Guide, including doing the same quest twice (since the Guide had me do the same quest again which I had already completed before). That was the one where I was supposed to kill Greater Sporebats, Marsh Walkers?, Sporebats, etc. After I completed the quests I turned them in.

It seems to me that something is missing in the Guide steps, if reputation is a key factor to accepting quests. Either Zygor should know (by checking somehow?) what a user's current reputation with a faction is, or bypass those steps in the Guide which are tied to reputation. It's not fair to blame users for issues that occur by using the Zygor Leveling Guide!

cabby, you said:
                    And my question about the sacs/tendrils is important because you were supposed to turn in as many as needed to obtain a certain rep level.
                    I shouldn't have to tell you here in the forum how many items of a specific kind I turned in --- IF the Guide told me to collect and turn in the required number, WHICH I DID. It's up to Guide... not me, to keep track of the numbers of items I've collected in the game. I followed the Guide steps in the order they were given.

I report errors or omissions (a few of) them when I find them and have time to report them. I don't even report 1/2 of the ones I encounter! It's not my job, but rather it's Zygor's job to clean up the Guides they sell for profit. I'm helping by complaining, and I usually complain only when I get frustrated with problems I find in the Guide.
                    Last edited by kreelor; July 25, 2013, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                      I shouldn't have to tell you here in the forum how many items of a specific kind I turned in --- IF the Guide told me to collect and turn in the required number, WHICH I DID. It's up to Guide... not me, to keep track of the numbers of items I've collected in the game. I followed the Guide steps in the order they were given.
                      For the step in question that has the sacs/tendrils, Blizzard messed up the sac quest so we had to make adjustments to the step to compensate for Blizzard's bug. The sacs are the little round things you have to click on to collect and the tendrils are the things you get from the Bog Lords. We have you collect 40 sacs so you can do the quest 4 times but Blizzard broke this and not everyone is able to collect all the sacs so the step will have you do multiple tendril turn ins instead if needed. So I had to ask which ones you did since I do not know which ones you were able to do.

Also, we do not 'blame users for issues that occur by using the Zygor Leveling Guide'. All questions asked are an attempt to troubleshoot the problem at hand so we can find out what went wrong. The guides wouldn't be around due to lack of sales if we blamed the users. I have no idea how you managed to turn me asking a couple questions into me blaming you.

Either way, as Dev3 has pointed out this should be fixed so I'll close this thread now.

Comment

Working...
                      X