Waypoint bug in Worgen starting zone guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint bug in Worgen starting zone guide

After the bombing quest with the bat and running through the tunnel ("Go downstairs and run through the tunnel", step 190) the waypoint arrow only points down.
    I found out that after inserting the zone name Gilneas in the target coordinates of step 191 the arow works again.

Added to the list to get fixed, most likely not with today's update due to the time.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Worgen starting zone.

My arrow turns into the hearth stone, and every step wants me to hearth back to Storm Glen village. Even when the target is the opposite direction.

Comment

When you are in game and open the guide selection window (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) what does it show in lower left for the version number?

Comment

And at which step does this happen?

BTW, looking at the guide file the problem with the arrow after step 190 does not seem to be fixed, I don't see the zone name in the coordinates so I assume they are still pointing to Gilneas City instead of Gilneas.

Comment

Hearthstone arrow

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            When you are in game and open the guide selection window (small drop down arrow on guide viewer) what does it show in lower left for the version number?
            version

Step 167 now, but it has been doing it almost all of Worgen (1-13).

Thanks for the help!
            /John

Comment

The current version is 4.0.7537.
              So please update and try this version, there has been some fix in between:

Version: 4.0.7281
              Released on: October 1st, 2013
              [B] WAYPOINT ARROW
              Pointer fix in Gilneas for Worgen starting quests

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                The current version is 4.0.7537.
                So please update and try this version, there has been some fix in between:
                Oops! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                  BTW, looking at the guide file the problem with the arrow after step 190 does not seem to be fixed, I don't see the zone name in the coordinates so I assume they are still pointing to Gilneas City instead of Gilneas.
                  When content team were looking this over they found there were other issues with the mapping in Gilneas and sent it over to the dev team to look into. I see that the dev team made note that the map problems content team saw were only on PTR so they believed there was nothing to fix. I'll get this re-opened on the content team side so they can add in the map name to that step.

Comment

Thanks Cabby, Worgen zone is always problematic to test because you need a new Worgen each time. And I don't delete characters after level 6, that's why I collect level 90s

Comment

Originally posted by jallmon View Post
                      version

Step 167 now, but it has been doing it almost all of Worgen (1-13).

Thanks for the help!
                      /John
                      For this step, our guide viewer just didn't update as quickly for me. If you open and close your map it will force a refresh and solve the problem here. Will continue through the guides to check the other issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X