No announcement yet.

Grinding why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's easy to see those grinding steps at the lower levels, but once you get to around 15 or so you'll almost never see them.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Honestly, after playing with the SiS for a few weeks now, I will give this advice to most...turn it off for new characters.

The guide steps themselves will get you to 80 within a very nice time frame, without SiS. The biggest thing you end up losing through SiS isn't XP, but rep points, loot (money) and (possibly) exploration. These may seem like small things, until you get to lvl 80 and want your explore achieves, or to be able to take advantage of the rep with certain races, or purchase epic flying. It sucks to have to stop doing your dailies, or take time away from instancing for emblems that you desperately need for gear, to go back and rep grind/explore.

Once you get too far ahead, continue to run the quests for rep/exploration...you will catch up to your level quests after a while and begin the get XP again. Not to mention all the gold you get from those quests, and gear rewards, and loot from mobs, etc. So you will still get rewarded, even if it isn't with XP.

For a pre-leveled character trying to synch, or RAF toons, SiS is the greatest thing since sliced bread. But for new toons, turn it off. Just my opinion.

Comment

With Cataclysm you'll be able to fly in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms... That's when I'm planning on getting my discovery achieves
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

The SiS is great, I let it do, what it want to do
          I know about rep, gold and other stuff... but if you just sell stuff on AH then you will have plenty of gold in every level

I just hit level 30 on my priest.. and having around 350 g on him now, so I will use the SiS system... as it have done alot for me already.

My next goal is lvl 40, epic mount and shadowform gogo me

over and out :P

Comment

For some reason I always end up about a level ahead of the guide - that's without doing anything extra like dungeons. I'm not complaining, though - means I can skip some of the more boring quests like that dreadful one in Blasted Lands where you have to grind and grind and grind for vulture gizzards, boar lungs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
              For some reason I always end up about a level ahead of the guide - that's without doing anything extra like dungeons. I'm not complaining, though - means I can skip some of the more boring quests like that dreadful one in Blasted Lands where you have to grind and grind and grind for vulture gizzards, boar lungs, etc.
              I literally spend about three hours on that quest alone.
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment

I dropped the vulture part. There were enough basilisks and boars to collect those but with only 10 vultures in the zone, multiple people doing the quests, and the gizzard having a less than 5% drop rate (for me anyway -- I think I killed about 15 vultures and had 1 gizzard before I gave up on it) it just wasn't worth my time doing. Skipping that quest didn't seem to have hurt me any as far reputation or leveling went.

Comment

Working...
                X