Possibe Error in Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibe Error in Guide

I am using the guide for an Alliance Mage. This character started out without the guide and I had to catch him up back on Level 30. He is now on Level 36. Several times through out the guide it has told to go someplace, where I have had to fight my way in, only to get there and find out I do not have the quest.
    He is now at Level 36 Step 36, which is a very difficult quest, and when I finally get to the person to turn in the quest, I find I do not even have the quest.
    Is there something amiss or is the problem because I did not start the character out in the beginning with the guide.
    Not sure how to proceed.....
    I noticed the guide skips a lot of steps, but I assumed it was because of the character class.
    Do I need to compare each step with my quest log to make sure I have the quest????
    Help!!

PS. Also just noticed the Guide went from Step 18 to Step 22. Skipping getting a new Home and taking the quests that would have lead up to the one noted above!
    Last edited by pdeyo; February 12, 2010, 12:43 PM. Reason: Additional Info

go into the guide options and make sure there is a check in "Skip impossible steps" ...or something along those lines.
    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
      go into the guide options and make sure there is a check in "Skip impossible steps" ...or something along those lines.
      Thanks, But do not see this option. Only shows what guide you are using and 'Show the guide viewer.
      I don't think, even if this option existed, why it would skip over steps like 'Make this your new home"

Comment

Originally posted by pdeyo View Post
        Thanks, But do not see this option. Only shows what guide you are using and 'Show the guide viewer.
        I don't think, even if this option existed, why it would skip over steps like 'Make this your new home"
        The selection is under the "Dynamic Progression" after you right-click that "Z" by your minimap. In there you will find that selection.

The SIS is letting you tailor your guide to fit your specific wants as best it can. There is no 'need' to have a FP or a home location in order to level your toon... it makes it faster. Let me use an example of mine....

On one of my toons I was able to use a mage's port to Dalran. Since Dalran has pretty much anything I could want or need inside, I make that my home location as soon as I can get there. With that done, I dont need to worry about setting a home location anywhere else, so I skip those steps. I can still lvl my toon with the guide, but I dont need another home location. I also have my flying mount, so I dont 'need' the FP's.

I am pretty sure many out there dont share what I want in my game experience, and thats kewl. The guide is no longer a cookie-cutter version, or one size fits all.. I make the guide do what I want/need it to do for me.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thanks for your input, but I still don't understand why the guide is telling me to turn in a quest that I don't have, because it skipped that step. If it skips a step because it is not necessary than why does it have me go to a location to turn in a quest that I don't have?

Comment

Originally posted by pdeyo View Post
            Thanks for your input, but I still don't understand why the guide is telling me to turn in a quest that I don't have, because it skipped that step. If it skips a step because it is not necessary than why does it have me go to a location to turn in a quest that I don't have?
            Did you unchecked "Skip Impossible Steps?"
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
            X