Slow Leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Leveling

Yes hello I just bought this guide 4 days ago and I am still only a level 25 night elf warrior and I have been following the guide to the letter and was wondering if I was on track cause it seems to be going slow sorry if this was just a dump question but I just wanted to know if level 25 for 4 days was good work. Thank you for all your help

That depends if you're talking about playing for a few hours over the course of 4 days, or 4 days actual played time (i.e. 96 hours). Played time can be shown by typing /played in the chat and hitting enter. That will give you a better estimate. If you've been playing over 4 days and you're 25, that's pretty leveling time. If it's /played, well, just imagine how slow it would be if you didn't have a guide. Instead of being able to play without thinking your time would be hampered by trying to figure everything out.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well that depends. When you say 4 days of play time do you mean 4 days of /played or do you mean four real life days where you only played for one hour a day so four hours of /played time?

If four days of /played then that is slow but I'll bet you mean four real life days with a lot less /played. There is a thread called something like "where you should be" I started many months ago as a place people can post their /played times. That might be a good reference. Just keep in mind many things can influence the /played like RAF, BoA, play style, only playing with rested, etc.
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Thanks for the info my /played says 2days 20hrs thanks for all your help

Comment

you will get faster as you move though the guide 1-20 is probably the slowest part of the guide and if this is your first time using the guide then i would expect a /played time of around 15/20 days to hit level 80

after leveling 6 80's and about 11 53-70's i can now do 1-80 in 6/7 days /played time

also it depends on if its a fresh toon (No gold No Heirlooms)

Comment

Don't worry, if it is your first WoW character it usually takes longer to level. Especially a warrior is not the easiest character for beginners as you have some downtimes eating or using bandages after combat.

The fastest leveling characters are those damage dealer with healing capabilities (enhancer shaman, retribution paladin, shadow priest and feral druid). The last characters I played were level 25 in about 20 hours so if you needed two days you are on track to get to level 80 in 12-15 days played time which is ok for the first character. My first character was level 80 with about 11 days played. Now it takes less than 6 days.

Comment

You left out the warlock and the hunter which have almost no downtime between kills starting at level 10. Both classes can heal their pets and have very nice dps output to drop the mobs fast.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I would not recommend a warlock to a beginner as the mechanics can be a bit confusing (throw DOTs and run around). My first Character was a warlock and he was the last at level 80 because I lost interest somewhere betwenn level 20 and 30. I then played a Draenei Warrior which is a pretty good race / class combination. Select this and herbalism as one profession and you never have to use bandages or food again

Comment

Warlock can be too easy once you have the voidwalker at level 10. No running around needed, just send the walker, throw on your 2 instant dots, and then shoot with a wand. No running around needed. It actually gets quite boring leveling a warlock because it's so easy. I used to sit there and wonder why they even bothered giving me all the other spells. Now I play as Affliction for leveling because it's a bit more active, but the demonology is way too easy for anyone to use for leveling.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    Warlock can be too easy once you have the voidwalker at level 10. No running around needed, just send the walker, throw on your 2 instant dots, and then shoot with a wand. No running around needed. It actually gets quite boring leveling a warlock because it's so easy. I used to sit there and wonder why they even bothered giving me all the other spells. Now I play as Affliction for leveling because it's a bit more active, but the demonology is way too easy for anyone to use for leveling.
                    Agreed. I played a lock to level 59. It was my 2nd toon ever (mage was first and that is a hard starter class) in WoW. I got the blueberry and from there it was easy to level. Never stop killing things. I did get tired of the play style and parked the toon in town and not played in over a year.
                    Cairne Realm

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                      Agreed. I played a lock to level 59. It was my 2nd toon ever (mage was first and that is a hard starter class) in WoW. I got the blueberry and from there it was easy to level. Never stop killing things. I did get tired of the play style and parked the toon in town and not played in over a year.
                      Wow go back on it you probably have rested till 80
                      Zygor Dungeon Guide

Paladin - Level 85 Using Zygor guides since level 32!
                      Paladin #2 Level 85 4days /played
                      Deathknight - Level 85 Zygor Guides all the way!
                      Warlock - 85 Zygor Guides since Level 72!

Zygor leveling guide

Comment

I wish rested XP worked like that. With all of my toons that I leave sit for ages it would be great, but alas we only get something like 1.5 levels of rested XP max.

Comment

Yeah, be sweet if rested went on forever. I have a 59 lock, 60 druid, 49 hunter, 53 mage ... all have not left town in over a year
                          Cairne Realm

Comment

It takes 10 days to rest a character from "normal" to the maximum rest bonus of 30 "bubbles" or 1 1/2 levels. If you're a busy person or you have an alt you're leveling on the side, all you need to do is log it in once per week and level until the rest bonus is exhausted, then log it out in an inn or capital city. That way your entire leveling grind takes place rested - you are, in effect, "rested to 80."

If I'm following the ZG as opposed to randomly grinding, I find that a full rest bonus lasts several levels, because quest XP and discovery XP don't consume the "blue bar," they just move it to the right.

Comment

Well just and update i'm now a 73 warrior would be 80 but spent a bunch of time working on getting equipment and rping so u guys where totally right about it going slow in those lvls just wanted to thank u guys and update u.

Comment

Working...
                              X