re-roll lowbies for cata guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-roll lowbies for cata guide?

so i was wondering if we need to re-roll low level toons to be in connection with the cataclysm guides? because the fact that lands are changing, all races have new starting quests and such. do we need to restart our low level toons?

That's a good question. I'd imagine that the SIS portion of the guides should do a good enough job to find a spot for you that you shouldn't have to re-roll.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Shouldn't have to. When the shattering happens (patch 4.0.3a) blizzard has said somewhere ( I'll see if I can fid the post sometime tomorrow) that your quest log will be reset. That means you have no quests. I think all you will have to do with the guides is to do a sync up. Here's the link: http://www.zygorguides.com/help/sis.php Now these instructions may change if Zygor releases a new version of the guide. Like a version 3.0 where he changes how your supposed to sync up the guide.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ah cabby beat me to it.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

oh i see. i have a 22 Rogue and i dont really want to re-roll it. i was thinking of waiting for Cataclysm to release to work on new toons

nothing in Northrend in going to change in Cataclym right? so the Storm Peaks and Icecrown full zone quest paths will be exactly the same right?

Comment

The only thing that could change is if blizzard removed quests there. I know I've heard they are going to remove the wrathgate quest line.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
              The only thing that could change is if blizzard removed quests there. I know I've heard they are going to remove the wrathgate quest line.
              WHAT??? That's one of the most interesting quest chains there was - even includes that great cinematic! That makes no sense to me...
              * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Yeah. I don't know why there removing it but that's what I remember from a blue post somewhere. I'll see if I can find it later tonight. You may also want to check if it's in the official news related to cataclysm post in the offtopic forum to see if I posted it there. It would probably be near the beginning of my posts there. It was awhile ago if I remember right. Maybe end of august beginning of September.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

They only remove the battle for Undercity quest. The quest line ends after the battle at the gate.
                  There are two reasons for this. Thrall, who is involved in the further quests, moved to Nagrand and the cities are changed so the phasing is not possible as it used to be.

Comment

And also with the removal of that quest is the removal of the cinematic. If I remember right saw it on wow insider or maybe listened to it on there podcast. They were talking about things you wouldn't be able to do any more in cataclysm like the Zul'Gurub instance.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Shows what I know:
                      The cinematic stays. That's actually the end of the questchain now. The Battle of Undercity has been removed.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                        Shows what I know:
                        The cinematic stays. That's actually the end of the questchain now. The Battle of Undercity has been removed.
                        Yea, the team of graphic artists that created the cinematic probably threatened to key the cars of the admin and programmers that were going to remove it... hehe
                        * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Well I am like at 122/130 for questing dragonblight and haven't goten the quest yet to head up there so I think it's removed...I just started the goblins quest near the north of DB.....
                          LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                          Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                          Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                          Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                          Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                          Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                          Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                          Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                          Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                          Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                          Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                          Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

In 4.0.3 the entire quest chain is still in the game. If you follow the guide i think the quest at Fordragon Hold which shows the cinematic is the quest that gives you the quest achievement.
                            I did the quests today and the battle for Undercity is also still in the game, this will be removed with patch 4.0.3a.

Comment

Working...
                            X