Totally lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally lost

I am running a level 22 priest. I am in Redridge Mountains. I can’t for the life of me get caught up with my level. I don’t know how far back or forward I need to go to get caught up to my level. Playing several levels lower than me is boring and too easy. There just doesn’t seem to be a point where I can just jump in and start doing quests and follow the quest line. Too many missing characters who I need to talk with, etc. Also my version is 2.0.1521. I keep seeing version 3 and 4. The program says I am up to date. Am I? There was supposed to be one fee with free updates. Is there a charge to update now?

Ok, I'll try answering all of your questions best I can.

For the version and pricing stuff, current version is what you listed, 2.0.1521. On Monday there will be a new update available that will bring out v3.0 of the guide viewer window along with some bug fixes, and possibly the SIS working again. All of that is free.

Now since Blizzard is releasing a new expansion that has 2 brand new races and new 80-85 content, if you want the guides for this new stuff then you have to pay a small upgrade fee if you purchased your guides before Oct. 7th, 2010. Basically, you get free updates to any guides you currently own, but since you don't already own guides covering the new races and 80-85 content you'd have to pay a small upgrade fee to own those guides, at which point you then get free updates for life for that as well. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

For your leveling stuff. I would say to follow the guides and get at least to 23, maybe 24 (might be able to do it at 22 but it might also be a bit tougher). When you're ready to move on, abandon your quests, go into the Lakeshire town hall, talk to the NPC standing at the bottom of the small steps, and accept a quest called 'Hero's Call: Report to Duskwood' (or something like that). Scroll forward thru the guides until you see the step that says to go south into Duskwood and follow from there. You should be able to merge with everything pretty easily at that point from the way it looked as I was doing that area.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks Cabby that helps a lot. I am at 22 now, I have the quest "Hero's Call". I'm almost to 23 so I will just grind a little longer.

No problem with paying the extra fee. I was wondering if I should have ungraded to 3.0 but since Cata will be out soon. I will just upgrade to 4.0.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Ok, I'll try answering all of your questions best I can.

For the version and pricing stuff, current version is what you listed, 2.0.1521. On Monday there will be a new update available that will bring out v3.0 of the guide viewer window along with some bug fixes, and possibly the SIS working again. All of that is free.

Now since Blizzard is releasing a new expansion that has 2 brand new races and new 80-85 content, if you want the guides for this new stuff then you have to pay a small upgrade fee if you purchased your guides before Oct. 7th, 2010. Basically, you get free updates to any guides you currently own, but since you don't already own guides covering the new races and 80-85 content you'd have to pay a small upgrade fee to own those guides, at which point you then get free updates for life for that as well. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

For your leveling stuff. I would say to follow the guides and get at least to 23, maybe 24 (might be able to do it at 22 but it might also be a bit tougher). When you're ready to move on, abandon your quests, go into the Lakeshire town hall, talk to the NPC standing at the bottom of the small steps, and accept a quest called 'Hero's Call: Report to Duskwood' (or something like that). Scroll forward thru the guides until you see the step that says to go south into Duskwood and follow from there. You should be able to merge with everything pretty easily at that point from the way it looked as I was doing that area.

Comment

Lost as well

Hi there, I am playing a level 13 mage and am currently in Darkshore. My guide keeps rushing forward to pick up some quests near Grimclaw, but I have not done the original quest for Grimclaw. Went back to pick this quest up but does not give me the option to collect it from Volcor. Tried the SIS and it puts me at the Grimclaw area!
        Also is it better to upgrade now or when I buy CATA? Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X