Mage talent advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mage talent advisor

In my previous experience with Zygor Guides, the talent advisor would suggest which build to go with based on your goals. Generally there was one labeled the "leveling build". I just rolled a Worgen Mage and don't see this suggestion. While I am able to select which tree I want to use in the talent advisor, it doesn't recommend which is best for leveling as it did in the past.

Is this a bug or do the guides just not do this anymore? Which build is best for solo leveling?

Right now they are just something there for a build. But if you want a leveling build and high survivability then Frost will help you because you get a permanent pet when you reach level 10.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The pet is worthless. I don't think it can survive more damage than you can. I'm leveling an Arcane mage and most mobs are dead before they have a chance to get to me. Arcane has some great damage output and it's not very mana intensive. A normal pull would be Frostbolt, Arcane Barrage (the one you get for picking Arcane), Arcane Missiles (or Fireball/Arcane Blast if no missiles available), and maybe one more Arcane Barrage if it's not dead yet. In total it's about 10sec to drop a mob simply due to global cooldown and the 4sec recast on Arcane Barrage.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'll agree with chaos5061 and say that frost does have high survivability. It used to be the main leveling spec, but as of Cataclysm arcane is really, really effective. You'll nuke most things down before taking damage, and put up big numbers in dungeons too. Make sure to spec into adding slow to your arcane blast and it'll be easy riding from there on out.

Comment

Yeah, I love the Arcane tree. Mobs get maybe one hit on me before they're dead, depending on how close I actually was when I decided to pull them with the Frostbolt.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ive been using Frost to level my mage. The pet is not 'useless' but only provides 15 - 20% of the damage done. While not all together making me woot and holla over its epic'ness, it is something.
            Frost at 80 and on isnt bad. My arcane spec for dungeons has gotten nerf'd pretty badly, which Im not to happy about. But oh well, once 85 the gear, chants, and gems are freaking awesome.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
            X