This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running into several problems

I am on the Northrend (76-78) guide, around step 71 and on with the NPC Stefen Vadu. It would seem the quests shoen in the guide do not exist and the ones he offers are not in the guide. Well some anyway, I am currently attempting to work my way through this as I NEED the rep with Knights of the Ebon Blade or I would skip them all. But no self respecting Death Knight can skip things for the Ebon Blade lol.

"Silver Lining"
    "Shut up!"

I have not found those quests

Comment

An easy way to raise that rep is to get one of the tabards and run some dungeons.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43155
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Those are the quests that belong to the Choker chain.
        Of the first four quests of the chain there are two quests depending on the choker you got:
        http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12643/silver-lining
        You get either the Unliving or Writhing Choker depending whether you did Drak'Tharon before or not.

Comment

Guide is worthless

The guide held me in Deepholme too long and now in Uldam I am trapped in lower level quest that are not giving the XP that I need. Everything is chained and the guide wants to skip me ahead to quest I can not accept due to not doing the chains.
          This sux frankly. The guide should know if a quest has a prereq to it, but doesnt seem to know. I am a Lvl 84 Pal having to work the lvl 82 chains.

Comment

First two posts tell you that the SIS isn't working for you: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...er-Guide-Fixes

First post explains why: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ed..-Hopefully.

How to deal with the skipping: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...kipping-quests

One also has to wonder, why don't you just load up the Twilight Highlands (84-85) guide if you're not happy running the lower level quests?

Comment

Duhh

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              First two posts tell you that the SIS isn't working for you: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...er-Guide-Fixes

I know the SIS isnt working correctly, but the guide does not take into account that the quest are linked. It should be fixed by now, its use is why we purchased the guide.

First post explains why: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ed..-Hopefully.

See above.

How to deal with the skipping: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...kipping-quests

I know how to turn it off, again it should be working.

One also has to wonder, why don't you just load up the Twilight Highlands (84-85) guide if you're not happy running the lower level quests?
              I am doing what the guide is telling me to do, thats why I purchased it? It is not telling me to go to TH, I am where it says to go.... again, it should be working?

I guess I just purchased something that does not work, back to playing the level game manually. Argh.

Comment

Hey Wover;

I understand your frustration, trust me. While I'm not going to make excuses for the current state of problems, perhaps a bit of understanding will help.
                The changes done on major patches have been huge, from the 3.3 patch to the 4.0.1, and including some changes released with the Cata material.
                Some may think that because we were in the beta phase this should not be an issue, but the guide is not working off the visual aspect of the game, but the coding Bliz places in the game for everything. For example, every quest you pick up is a code number. Every quest giver (NPC) you get a quest from is a code number. Every location for the NPC is a code, known as a waypoint. What you dont see ingame are these individual codes Bliz gives these quests and/or NPC's.
                What Zygor Guides depends on are these codes, and many more specific codes, to make the guide function. (Without getting overly technical the phasing has presented unique challenges in itself, but that is another post altogether.) What happens is Bliz changes these codes for the NPC's, or the quests, or the waypoints, and on and on and on. Why? No one knows for sure, but this is the challenge presented. Zygor and the team need to find every discrepency, find the new codes, and change each one out. If you dont think that is a lot to do, there are 112 guides (pre Cabby's guide) that get loaded when I log into a toon. 112 guides, each with a ton of lines of code to make this guide work.
                Now, I will say this; if the problems being addressed were just changes to the coding, the guides and SIS would be up and running by now. The fact that they are still being worked on is telling me there was a huge wall Bliz created, and Zygor and the coding staff are working very hard to get this resolved.
                Yes, it is frustrating, even for an old customer, much less a new customer. What you dont have as a new customer is the history and track record of the attention given to the problems that come up in such an extensive product as these guides. That is unfortunate for yourself, and the others in your shoes.
                All I can say is this; I'm a customer, just like you are. I dont get paid to sit here and do this, I choose to support Zygor and the guides, and hopefully help another customer resolve their problem(s). I have a full-time job, a wife, and a 2 1/2 year old son. My plate is pretty full, yet I log in here to spend time helping out others that, like me, want more out of our WoW time. I do this because the product is that good.
                Give the team time to resolve the issues, and you will see why I, along with the other mods, have gotten as involved as we have. The product is just that good.
                Give it time, please. You wont be sorry.

Regards,

Kam
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Night Elf (1-11)

Step 131 says to talk to ? when it should be talk to Tarindrella.

Her NPC id should be 1992.

It's the same for Step 134.

Comment

Originally posted by sicor View Post
                    Night Elf (1-11)

Step 131 says to talk to ? when it should be talk to Tarindrella.

Her NPC id should be 1992.
                    Thank you for that post sicor. Clean, precise, informative.
                    Well done!

Happy Holidays!
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Level 24 on the kalimador guide is part of level 23 and skipped a whole bunch of it because i was 24.
                      [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJ9Ggs3Dkk]Slow Jerk[/url]

Comment

Kalimdor (11-20)

Step 65 says:
                        "Get 1 Highborne Relic"

The quest actually requires 8.

Comment

Did you by chance already have 7 in your bag when you saw that sicor? The guide will count down and just display how many more you need to get.

Comment

Levels 26 and 27 are missing from the Kamlimdor guide not unless they are part of the 25 guide witch screwed me up.
                            [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJ9Ggs3Dkk]Slow Jerk[/url]

Comment

Vashj'ir step 254

Says "Fire a flare towards the [horde] ships" but it should be Alliance ships.

Twilight Highlands, in step 33 it says to accept "Welcome To The Highbank" and in step 34 it says to do accept "Burnin' At Both Ends" quest. In step 35 you complete those 2 quests together. Problem is, it is a chain so you have to complete the quest from step 33 before the quest from step 34 is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                                Hey Wover;

I understand your frustration, trust me. While I'm not going to make excuses for the current state of problems, perhaps a bit of understanding will help.
                                The changes done on major patches have been huge, from the 3.3 patch to the 4.0.1, and including some changes released with the Cata material.
                                Some may think that because we were in the beta phase this should not be an issue, but the guide is not working off the visual aspect of the game, but the coding Bliz places in the game for everything. For example, every quest you pick up is a code number. Every quest giver (NPC) you get a quest from is a code number. Every location for the NPC is a code, known as a waypoint. What you dont see ingame are these individual codes Bliz gives these quests and/or NPC's.
                                What Zygor Guides depends on are these codes, and many more specific codes, to make the guide function. (Without getting overly technical the phasing has presented unique challenges in itself, but that is another post altogether.) What happens is Bliz changes these codes for the NPC's, or the quests, or the waypoints, and on and on and on. Why? No one knows for sure, but this is the challenge presented. Zygor and the team need to find every discrepency, find the new codes, and change each one out. If you dont think that is a lot to do, there are 112 guides (pre Cabby's guide) that get loaded when I log into a toon. 112 guides, each with a ton of lines of code to make this guide work.
                                Now, I will say this; if the problems being addressed were just changes to the coding, the guides and SIS would be up and running by now. The fact that they are still being worked on is telling me there was a huge wall Bliz created, and Zygor and the coding staff are working very hard to get this resolved.
                                Yes, it is frustrating, even for an old customer, much less a new customer. What you dont have as a new customer is the history and track record of the attention given to the problems that come up in such an extensive product as these guides. That is unfortunate for yourself, and the others in your shoes.
                                All I can say is this; I'm a customer, just like you are. I dont get paid to sit here and do this, I choose to support Zygor and the guides, and hopefully help another customer resolve their problem(s). I have a full-time job, a wife, and a 2 1/2 year old son. My plate is pretty full, yet I log in here to spend time helping out others that, like me, want more out of our WoW time. I do this because the product is that good.
                                Give the team time to resolve the issues, and you will see why I, along with the other mods, have gotten as involved as we have. The product is just that good.
                                Give it time, please. You wont be sorry.

Regards,

Kam
                                Thank you Kamchak for your response, and I do understand the code and all its confusion. I just wanted to vent my frustration over an ill puruchased guide. Put it this way.... If I sold you a Silverado truck, and you found it goes down an interstate just fine, but you could not haul even a golf bag in the bed, would you not feel that something was amis? You would expect your truck to do what a truck was designed to do would you not? I emphathise with the team and I understand better than most that this is a daunting task, and being in the automotive industry and being a tier 1 supplier I know what it is like to always play catch up to a OEM that changes things without ever telling others what when and where. However, I still have to deliver a product that works. I believe (believe it or not) that the Zygor team does an excellent job and the guides up to 80 work better than I expected. But the 80 - 85 was rushed out the door without the R&D required to produce a good product.
                                A mistake we all seem to make more and more these days.
                                With this, I will end my rants and wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Will

Comment

Working...
                                X