not skipping levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not skipping levels

i have a worgen druid and i am stuck doing lvl 23 quests and i am lvl 27 the guide setup says the skip ahead is unavaliable can any one help me
    i have 3.0.1600

I'd advise for now to remove the heirloom items and if you're using RAF to stop using that also. Until the SIS is working again it's very difficult to manually skip ahead without messing up due to Blizzard having soo many quests chained together.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

what are the heirloom items and what is RAF?????

Comment

Heirlooms: http://www.wowpedia.org/Heirlooms
        RAF: http://www.wowpedia.org/RAF
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          I'd advise for now to remove the heirloom items and if you're using RAF to stop using that also..
          this answer kinda bothers me.. but yeah i've not been using any of these either and i'm still leveling away from the guide, same as him 23 quests at level 27 with my druid, and level 15-16 quests with my level 19-20 lock, although i spent great amount of time to find where i would skip and checking quests chains forever to find my way to the right spot, and while i was leveling my mage from 80-85 at 84 the guide told me to do 83 quests for ~40-50% in on level 84 while i was noticing other people w/o the guide, skipping right to twilight highlands was beating me by a few hours then i manually changed to twilight highlands and hit 85 in a couple of hours probably would have lost a couple more hours if i did not change this manually, so anyone have an ETA for SIS ? as it would be appreciated as if its not far away i could wait to level my alts until its fixed so i don't have to go through the guide for a great amount of time again in ~15-20 levels
          Mizú 85 - Goblin mage
          Carnage 80 - Undead warrior
          Wildfun 85 - Troll Druid
          Elrich 85 - Orc Shaman

Comment

SIS ETA is either this week or next week. No promises though.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'm baffled at how you can be so far ahead of the guide. Are you also doing mining/herbalism and getting extra XP? Doing a lot of rested bonus? I only ask because right now I'm only 1 level ahead of the guide with a 23 mage.

Comment

No idea about rested bonus never checked it started with herb but stopped at skill 10 or something since i could not keep up the proffesion as i was leveling, and did 4 dungeons but that should not make that huge difference in guide/level(also questing is way more efficient then dungeon's)

Edit: been playing some on my lock now and seems to work fine except that i'm 20-25% exp behind the levels now, but will keep going and see how it turns out.

Edit2: Felt like this was worth mentioning at level 27 i started to catch up with the pre quests and so on for level 25-30 guide and i got grey quests. well not in the 20-25 they where green but in the 25-30 i got gray, level 28 now btw

Edit Again: checked out the quests seems like its not a pre-quest to anything [Naga at the Zoram Strand] so i'm just going to abandon it. all the mobs are gray even and level 19-20 in the 25-30 kalimdor guide ? all my other quests are green
                Mizú 85 - Goblin mage
                Carnage 80 - Undead warrior
                Wildfun 85 - Troll Druid
                Elrich 85 - Orc Shaman

Comment

Wel i have made a Worgen Warlock, and i must admit at first iw as very frustrating to get ahead off the leveling guide by 3-4 levels.

But for some reason i am now a45 warloack and the guide has followed up again and i am now only 1 level ahead sometiems a bit less, so it seems the guide wil catch up eventuely.

And no i dont have any heirlooms or RAF.

Sure it gets frustrating sometimes seeing that quets wil be green to me, but beeing ahead 1 or 2 levels is not bad afterall it gives me alittlebit extra damage to get thru some quets becouse they are designed for level 15 and i am 17.

I must say i followed the worgen guide till the end and then skipped to teh kalimdor guide and never diverted away from it and until now 45 it still is working for me.

I never found any need to skip ahead a quets in teh guide.

so i can only say play abit longer and eventuely teh guide wil catch up
                  so iw ould say just go on eventuely teh guide wil make sure you are only 1 level ahead

Comment

Not sure if this is the best place for this as I have just started using the guide today..., but the guide did not seem to notice that I was a level 64 Worgen DK when I first started it up... it wanted me to start with the very first Quest of level 55. I was able to manually skip ahead a bit but it stopped again at 60 - 62, even though I was at 64.

Should I force the guide to 64 or keep doing the quests it is giving me for 60 - 62?

Thank you,

Comment

The SIS isn't working properly yet in the 60+ range but should hopefully be all fixed soon.

That said, due to some reputation issues in Outlands I'd recommend doing Outlands with the SIS turned off. To do this go to the Dynamic Progression section of the guide options, uncheck all 4 boxes, and adjust the slider all the way to the right. As for a starting spot, I'd suggest manually skipping forward thru the guides toward the end of the 60-62 guide and find the first step that takes you into Zangarmarsh and then start following the guide from there.

Comment

the guide did eventually but now i have a npc in centurion thicket that will not give me a quest???? the guide says to get it but his name tag is yellow????
                        Last edited by frodomichael; January 1, 2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: add stuff

Comment

Yellow is neutral, not exactly friendly but won't try to kill you. You can normally get quests from these NPCs without having to worry about reputation issues. The guide probably skipped a quest that unlocks the one you're supposed to get from this particular NPC. Go back thru the guide and try to do any quests in your current zone that the guide skipped.

Comment

Working...
                          X