Kalimdor vs. Eastern Kingdoms (1 - 60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalimdor vs. Eastern Kingdoms (1 - 60)

I'm afraid this might be a dumb question. I don't see it anywhere else.

In the old guides, they took you to both continents. Now the guides are divided into two separate routes. As a Worgen the guide is taking me all over Kalimdor. However, I noted that the other Worgen in my guild (an all Worgen guild) went right over to Eastern Kingdoms once they got out of the start area.

I've stayed with the guide and am doing Kalimdor (I know I could switch guides to the Eastern Kingdoms) but can't help wondering the following:

1. Why were the guides split instead of taking you all over the world? Is it just the sheer number of quests etc?

2. (This is really my main question.) Is there any advantage to doing one continent instead of the other? Is it just race dependent?

Thanks in advance, and as always gratz on the speed and quality of the guides. I don't know how I ever managed without them.

The reason is now since the shattering happened you can go from 1-60 on one continent which is a faster leveling experince than trying to go between them. There is one exception to this in The Eastern Kingdoms guide when you get to level I think it was 55 the guide tells you to go to Winterspring on Kalimdor. This is because while you may be able to get to level 60 in Eastern Kingdoms only you would be doing a lot of grinding instead of questing so Zygor decided to just move you to Winterspring to keep going fast. Now with that said if you want you can go to Eastern Kingdoms and level by just selecting the 13-20 I think it is part of the Eastern Kingdom guide and start leveling there.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Wow, what a fast reply!!! I should be used to it by now, you guys are great on responding.

More or less as I figured, and rather than having an advantage in one continent over the other, I see that it's faster to just go with the guide your race takes you into.

Thank you very much, Chaos.

Comment

Your welcome.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

One thing that you'll have over the rest of the guild that are leveling in EK. You'll get your boat for use in Thousand Needles and will be ready for when Blizzard puts in boat racing there.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yep that's coming in a future patch one day.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Boat racing? Seriously?!
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Post Number 98 Kamchak: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...m-Has-Happened
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Holy cr*p that is awesome.
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Good I got my boat in Thousand Needles when testing another addon.
                    I can recommend doing the quests there to everyone. "Bar Fight!" is one of the coolest quests in the whole game

On topic: As a Worgen the starting zone quests end in Kalimdor so you don't have to travel to go to another region. If you want to use the Eastern Kingdoms guide you need to go Stormwind and to Redrige I think which takes a bit travelling time.

Comment

Also, Worgen lore suggests that you should level in Kalimdor helping the Night Elves who accepted you into their fold at the end of the starting area

Comment

Wow, I just rechecked this thread and saw boat racing!!! Excellent! Thanks for that tip. I have stayed in Kalimdor anyway, woohoo.

Comment

Getting from Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms

I was hoping that this thread would answer this question, but no such luck.

I've been in Ungoro Crater, Kalimdor and my Warlock just qualified for the next stage
                          (58-60). I need to get to the Blasted Lands, Eastern Kingdom, and have no idea how to do this. I can't get my first flying license yet, and in looking at the map, can't see a boat that will get me over there.

I'm thinking I can get to The Sands of Silithis area out of Ungoro (I can go back to Winterspring and get that quest), but don't know if that will help. Any hints/directions appreciated.

Comment

Take a Flight Master to Theramore and ride the boat to Wetlands. You should have a Flight Master to Stormwind take that. Follow your map through Duskwood to Deadwind Pass to Swamp of Sorrows and from there you can go to Blasted Lands.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Faster yet, go to the closest city for you to reach/port to. Then go to the mage portal trainer in that city and right near him will be a portal to Blasted Lands.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X