Dynamic Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Progress

Not sure whether or not I should have Dynamic Progress enabled while I'm leveling. I just started leveling an alt and its currently level 15. At certain points, for example if I gain a level from killing mobs I need for a quest, the guide seems to skip a whole bunch of steps, way more then it needs to. I tried just following it, but I ended up not being able to get certain quests the guide tells me to get because I didn't do an earlier quest, which the guide told me to skip. So I then go all the way back in the guide to the last incomplete step and start from there. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. At certain points it also started telling me to grind an entire level ahead, skipping out on major quests. I've also tried disabling Dynamic Progress and leveling, but I always seem to be 1 or 2 levels ahead of the guide (I don't even use any heirlooms, not in a guild, nothing of the sort).

P.P.S. Is SiS/Dynamic Progress working and fully functional with 60+ and 80-85 leveling now? Cause with my last level 85 toon I ended up hitting level 83 when I was only halfway through the guide for the area I was in (Don't recall which area it was). I ended up dropping all the quests for that area and moving on to another and making far more progress then I was when I was following the guide for that area.

I recommend setting the "allow levels ahead" slider in the dynamic progress of the guide options to at leas 2 so the guide does not immediately start to skip quests when you levelup.
    1 or 2 levels ahead of the guide is no problem. With leveling being so fast below level 60 you still get enough XP.
    In Outlands SIS should be disabled or the slider moved as you otherwise encounter reputation issues.
    In the 80-85 zones disabling SIS is not a big problem, if you hit 82 in Hyjal you can either continue and finish the zone or go drectly to Deepholm. You will only be a bit slower if you do both Hyjal and Vash'jir.

Comment

Hmm alright thanks for the reply, I'll try it out once I get back from school. Also, is Dynamic Progress working well in Northrend?

Comment

There were issues and I don't know if everything is fixed. I usually have the allow levels ahead set to 5 and so the guide does not skip anything in Outlands and Northrend as I don't do dungeons.

Comment

Working...
        X