• Show
Clear All

Vashj'ir (80-82) step 174

This step says:

Go to 46, 57

Swim down under the big stone slab and into the small cove

Enter the cave

-----------------

I can't find the entrance. I have swum all over the place and can't find the alleged "big stone slab" or a "cave" entrance.

I went in a direct line to the given spot, which then switched to Captain Taylor's location, within the cove or cave as the case may be.

I searched all along that straight line, which encounters a very high wall, or cliff, or "stone slabe" that seems firmly attached to the vottom where the quest giver is.

I think it is where those divers are?
    Then swim from the questgiver at the divers through the canyon (northeast I think), the cave is on the left at the next corner. It's pretty deep down just above the ground and marked with a blue alliance flag.

Comment

I must have a broken compass. Standing at Engineer Hexascrub, who gives the quest "Odor Coater" (step 173), the arrow points toward the south-west, not north-east. Actually, it's more south-south-west. Going in that direction, I find no relavent canyon. The canyon I do find leads nowhere.

Comment

I'm not at home at the moment so I cannot look it up but the waypoint should be OK and if you follow it you should see the cliff where tha cave is below.

Comment

Just in case you did not find it:
          From Hexascrub swim southwest towards 45,53 where you exit the red canyon, then a bit south below the stone plates just at ground level. On the left is the cave marked with Alliance banners.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
            Just in case you did not find it:
            From Hexascrub swim southwest towards 45,53 where you exit the red canyon, then a bit south below the stone plates just at ground level. On the left is the cave marked with Alliance banners.
            Okay. What is missing from the in-game instructions and the above is the fact that the end point of the given destination is on the other side of the cliff encountered on the way to [46, 57]. When you get to the top of the cliff, head slightly to the right and when you get to the other edge, dive down to the bottom, turn around and you see the cave entrance.

All this talk about "canyons" doesn't really help.

Thanks for your effort, however. At least you tried your best.

Comment

With all this up and down it is not easy to describe and these cave entrances are sometimes hard to find.
              I had similar problems with the Naga quest line. Up the ruins, down, up... This is irritating as it is the first and only zone where you have real 3 dimensional navigation. Except the entrance to the Icecrown dungeons, I cannot count how many times people did not find the entrance to Halls Of Reflection after a wipe...

Comment

Deepholm has a lot of things on different levels also.

I agree that it isn't easy. I wasted at least an hour trying to find something in the Abysmal Whatever sub-zone of Vashj'ir (how is that pronounced???), then resorted to a Google search. This step involves going to what seems to be a cave that had just been visited, but it isn't. You have to look for a "tunnel" that goes a different direction. I forget the name of the quest.

I do like this zone over all. It is about the most visually appealing zone I've seen.

However, also over all, I think the Cataclysm quests leeave a lot to be desired. The long, long chains are a problem if some sub part doesn't work due to a design/program bug, or if you don't do exactly the right thing at the right time with the right thing in the right place with your tongue held in the right position and your toes crossed. I have two quest lines blocked in Uldam due to what I think are design errors, but the GM disagrees with me and refuses to give any help. So I abandoned it.

Comment

Originally posted by mortnoct View Post
                  I have two quest lines blocked in Uldam due to what I think are design errors, but the GM disagrees with me and refuses to give any help. So I abandoned it.
                  Feel free to make a new thread in the general guide section here about what does not work and we can try to help you out.

Comment

Working...
                  X