X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swabbing duty can be sooo much easier!!

Regarding Zygor's Alliance guide "The cape of Stranglethorn 32-36" step 98

Hi,

Zygor guides being a guide-as it's name somewhat suggests-, here's some "guidance" that should absolutely be in there imho.

On the deck you're supposed to swab, there is this guy: "Pretty Boy" Duncan.
    If you are willing/able to pay him 1 gold he will do the swabbing for you.
    I think most of us will gladly pay him after failing to complete this quest time and time again.

Even if you can't use any of the quest rewards you get 63s87c back 35s cash reward and the "Riptide Vest" sells for 28s87c
    I thought since it is really a shitty quest for even the most patient and persistent gamers and it being a requirement for Loremaster (it ís in the Loremaster guide and I assume that's not by coincidence) it might be a good idea to include that invaluable information that any one can find on Wowhead any way, and by the time they've really had it with "swabbing duty" most probably will lookup here or at any other site like Wowhead.
    So, pls, pls, pls, Zygor include that info, if not as the next step after accepting the quest then at least as a hint.

Strange - I didn't know people were having problems with that quest until I happened to see something about it in a forum. I've always managed to do it first time. Probably just lucky

Comment

A tip has been added for the next update. Good find, thanks for letting us know. :-)
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The 1st time I did this quest I completed it the 2nd or 3rd attempt, with the help of a macro I found on Wowhead and dumb luck.

The 2nd and 3rd time I did this quest I wasn't that lucky and since I wanted to complete it myself and not by paying "Pretty Boy" Duncan I discovered what a bitch this quest can be, the various forum posts on this quest are a definite testimony to that imo, and that's when I thought a request to include this alternative solution in Zygor guides would save a lot of people a lot of time and frustration.

Of course it won't hurt any one to try to complete the quest first before mindlessly paying "Pretty Boy" Duncan the 1 gold but it's always good to know there is an alternative if you keep failing at completing it.
        Last edited by purplehaze65; May 4, 2011, 07:50 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

I did this quest one time -- almost drove a grown man to tears until I read about how to create a macro and keybind so all you have to do is run close to a spot, press the key that fires the macro and it automatically targets the spot and swabs it. Before I did that, it was hopeless.

Just the same, paying the guy to do this awful quest is one of the best investments of one gold in the game.

Comment

Working...
          X