Winterspring (52-55) suggestion - steps 35-38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterspring (52-55) suggestion - steps 35-38

[Edit -- should be Winterspring, not Wintergrasp. Could someone please change the title?]

I just sent my fourth character through this zone and this is the first with the Zygor guide. So far I love the guide but I have a suggestion for this piece of it. In the guide the steps here are as follows.

35 -- gather the 7 pieces of ice
    36 -- exit the cave
    37 -- hunt the ice thistle yetis until 10 pieces of thick yeti hide are obtained
    38 -- hearth back to Everlook

It's my experience that the drop rates for thick yeti hides is much higher inside the cave than out of it. Anecdotally I've seen drop rates over 50% inside the cave and no more than 10-20% outside of it.

Given that, wouldn't it make sense for faster leveling to farm the yeti hides inside the cave while getting the ice? In such a setting the steps would be:

35 -- Gather 7 pieces of ice and (concurrently) kill ice thistle yeti for 10 pieces of thick yeti hide
    36 -- hearth back to Everlook

There's really no reason to leave the cave here, IMO; you get these two things done in the cave, and when you have the 7 ice and 10 hides, you hearth back. I think this is a faster leveling approach.

I don't know about the difficulty inside the cave if you have the suggested level, I was 4 levels ahead of the guide when I last went there. Maybe those Matriarchs and Patriarchs are quite nasty, at least they were before Cataclysm when you had the same level.
    Oh, and I had the yeti hides even before I had the ice as I had to kill quite some yetis before even entering the cave. If you have skinning you are even faster at least before Cataclysm the hides were a 100% drop when skinning yetis.

But you're right, these two steps could be merged and maybe a note added that you hearth on the next step. I tried not to go down too far into the cave because I did not know the next step is to hearth and I didn't want to kill unnecessary yetis.

Comment

We will take a look at this to see if it can be implemented easily for everyone. Thanks for the heads up.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
      X