Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Strategic Cuts

Hi,

I was recently on Step 37 of Burning Steppes (50-52), and it tells me to accept "Strategic Cuts" from Quartermaster Kaoshin. Sadly, he wasn't offering the quest. I looked around the net and found out that it was supposed to be an auto-accept quest, but I'm not receiving anything, still. So, I scoured the whole area and found out that "Colonel Troteman" in Chiselgrip was offering the quest, and after you accept it, a "Quest Discovered!" message will pop-up.

I'm unsure if this has brought up before, or if I did something wrong through the chains, but just though I'd give a heads-up.

PS. Thanks for the best guide in the world.

Oops, didn't see where I should post this. Posted in the right thread now, sorry.

Comment

It's no problem when you create new threads for bugs.
      I looked this one up at wowhead.com. There's one comment that says that you get Strategic Cuts when doing Grunt Work (which you are told to also accept at step 37).
      It may be possible that you get the quest after polishing the first boots for Grunt Work. If this is the case step 42 has to be moved forward in the guide after step 37 and the accept quest needs to be separated.

Comment

I saw that too, and thought that may be the problem. But after finishing and turning-in Grunt Work, Strategic Cuts still wasn't in my quest log. That's when I found out that Colonel Troteman was offering the quest, they must've changed it in Cata.

Comment

The guide is working perfectly if you use the Loremaster guides like I am with my current character. Passed through with flying colors except for the four zones I mentioned in a post on that forum.

The quest in question is indeed offered by Colonel Troteman while you are doing other quests. If you've done any of the Redridge Mountain quests, you will understand that when you have Keeshan with you he has a radio which relays various quests without having to constantly go back and forth. Just one of the ways Blizz used to streamline the progression from 1-60.
          My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

So you have some remote access to Colonel Troteman or does he follow you?
            Or are there differences in Burning Steppes whether you did Redridge or not?
            I never quests in Eastern Kingdoms since Cataclysm so I don't know what's all new there.

Comment

You have access to Troteman through Keeshan, who comes along for a few quests in the Burning Steppes.
              My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Working...
              X