Hit 60 early.. Northrend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit 60 early.. Northrend?

I hit 60 early, is it ok to head to northrend and get rid of these 3 packs of quest items?

Does all the quest chains start IN northrend, or do you need previous ones before starting?

Thanks!

Originally posted by mallez View Post
    I hit 60 early, is it ok to head to northrend and get rid of these 3 packs of quest items?

Does all the quest chains start IN northrend, or do you need previous ones before starting?

Thanks!
    Northrend at 60? This is a lvl 70 - 80 zone.

Outland is for lvl 60 - 70.

Do you have the names mixed up?
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
      Northrend at 60? This is a lvl 70 - 80 zone.

Outland is for lvl 60 - 70.

Do you have the names mixed up?
      Yes, I meant Outland .

Comment

Think the only thing you need from Eastern Kingdoms is the Pint of Nethergarde Bitter from Nethergarde keep. It's for the level 62 quest Gaining Mirren's Trust that you get after a while. Appart from that, Outlands is a fresh start as far as I can remember.

Comment

Thanks!
          Yes, the Outland guide and the Northrend guide are completely isolated from each other, so you should have no problem moving along to the 70-80 guide.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Yes, I meant Outland .
            I moved to Outland once I hit 61 or so, and yes, get that item "Nethergard Bitter" before you go.

Before I went to Outland I dumped all my quests first as well. Right now that toon is a 73 DK 72% from hitting 74 working lvl 71 quests in northrend. As you can see... dumping and running to Outland is no big.

One bit of advise first... have enough gold to cover your riding / flying training and a flying mount. That makes all the difference in the world with questing.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses, it's very helpful!

Looks like you don't worry about the flying mount untill you're 77... (this is my first higher level character, so no book to send down on the account if I'm reading this right).

Comment

You can get your flying mount at level 60 in the first "town" area the guide takes you to in Outlands. It will cost about 200g for the skill and about 50g for the flying mount. The trainer for the skill is standing right there with the merchant that sells the mount so there's no books to pass along or anything like that, just need to have the gold on you for it.

You can still do the quests if you don't have the flying mount, but being able to just fly over all the different agro that you don't need is a real time saver.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses, it's very helpful!

Looks like you don't worry about the flying mount untill you're 77... (this is my first higher level character, so no book to send down on the account if I'm reading this right).
                  You are reading half right.

In Northrend, you need cold weather flying to have a flying mount. In Outland, you can get your flying mount once you get the training. So for 10 levels you get spoiled for having a flying mount, and then cant get one in North from 70 - 77..... unless you have a lvl 80 that can get the tome, which is BoA. Then you can get Northrend flying mount at 70.

This I know for a fact as I have pst'd several under lvl 77 that had flying in Northrend, and went to Dalarian to the trainer. Nope... no flying mount for Northrend until either you are lvl 77, or have an 80 that buys the tome.

Comment

Ahh, that makes sense .

I see him, and luckily the auction house has been good! Flying mount, here I come.

Thanks all for the clarity.

Comment

Working...
                    X