EK leveling gudie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK leveling gudie

So I have been working on lving my priest and I just noticed that after completing the Swamp of Sorrows 52-54 bit it sends me to Winterspring. At first I was ok with it but then quickly remembered that Winterspring is in K and not EK. Any reason this might be?
    Toons
    Server: Azgalor PVP
    Alliance
    90 Glimwick Warlock Gnome
    90 Aedalus Priest Gnome (90 in 7days 11hrs 14mins with Zygor)
    60 Joetheplumer DK Gnome
    60 Finwinkle Warrior Gnome
    41 Norbermor Mage Gnome
    50 Pador Paladin Dwarf
    35 Belyk Hunter Dwarf
    35 Jerraas Shaman Dwarf
    30 Glimdru Druid Worgen
    30 Smirfet Rogue Gnome
    20 Broet Monk Gnome

There are two occasions where switching the continent is the better option. Kalimdor guide goes to Blasted Lands before going to Outlands and Eastern Kingdoms to Winterspring before Blasted Lands.
    There are simply too few zones in the 50-60 level range to stay on once continent.
    Take a look here:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Zones_by_level
    As you can see you have Burning Steppes from 50-52, Swamp of Sarrows from 52-54 and Blasted Lands from 54-58 in Eastern Kingdoms. So you end up being level 58 there and not 60 as you should be to make questing in Outlands easier.

In Kalimdor you have Un'Goro Crater, Winterspring and Silithus to get from 50-60. But Silithus is not a good zone to quest, too much grinding. And as you are near the portal then the guide sends you to Blasted Lands after Winterspring.

Comment

So that leads to Q2, how would I get there? I ask this since I have not touch foot on Kalimdor on this toon, so that leads to question whether or not the FPs are there.
      Toons
      Alliance
      60 Joetheplumer DK Gnome
      41 Norbermor Mage Gnome
      50 Pador Paladin Dwarf
      35 Belyk Hunter Dwarf
      35 Jerraas Shaman Dwarf
      30 Glimdru Druid Worgen
      30 Smirfet Rogue Gnome
      20 Broet Monk Gnome

Comment

Fastest way to Winterspring from Swamp of Sorrows is to fly to Booty Bay, take the boat to Ratchet, then fly to Everlook (Moonglade is actually closer to the start of the Winterspring guide, but running through that tunnel still gets me turned around even after 6 years).

Comment

The alternative route would be Stormwind, boat to Rut'theran and then fly from there. You also have the option to fly to Talonbranch. As you can now ride through the tunnel this would be my choice (I think you won't get attacked by the furbolgs though they're red).

The end of the Swamp of Sorrows guide tells you the way but you don't see these steps if you skip ahead before reaching the end of the guide.

Comment

Last time I went there with an Alliance toon that had done nothing on Kalimdor I did the SW boat ride to Rut'theran Village and the flight over to Moonglade, then a quick trip thru the tunnel. As Cartman said, the mobs are orange which means they won't attack you. I believe the Moonglade FP is the closest one to the tunnel and when you're going thru the tunnel just make sure to turn right when you get to the only 'T' intersection.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So I finally made my way to SW, the boated over to Darn(well outside but still). This being my first trip to Kalimdor I talk to the FP master and... I find the FP to Winterspring already available, for a mere 15s I fly right to Winterspring.

However, I just realized I have to run to the whole other side of Winterspring to start the quests, oh well.
              Toons
              Alliance
              60 Joetheplumer DK Gnome
              41 Norbermor Mage Gnome
              50 Pador Paladin Dwarf
              35 Belyk Hunter Dwarf
              35 Jerraas Shaman Dwarf
              30 Glimdru Druid Worgen
              30 Smirfet Rogue Gnome
              20 Broet Monk Gnome

Comment

That's why we had suggested to fly to Moonglade or the top of Feralas, much shorter run that way.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Blizzard threw flight points all over every map except Winterspring.

Comment

Working...
                  X