Tanking anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanking anyone?

Are there any plans to include a tanking talent drop down menu for classes that can be tanks? This would be quite useful due to the introduction of the dungeon finder to the game.

Thanks

What exactly do you mean by a tanking drop down menu? Are you referring to talent builds that are oriented toward grouping or something else?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I think I understand, he is talking about the talent advisor to include a tanking builds.

For instance, I create a DK and not only I'm gonna level trough the guide but also using the Dungeon Finder playing a tank role, since SIS is already implemented I don't see any problem doing this.

Comment

Ahh, that I understand. While there might not be any immediate plans for including grouping type builds there have been some posting in the Official Talent Builds Thread that can be used to add into the Talent Advisor. You can also create your own builds to use with the Talent Advisor. I've done so myself with a priest that is leveling solely thru the LFG tool and I also have a protection paladin build that I'm using on a paladin that I'm leveling thru the LFG tool as a tank.

Comment

On a side note, you will find all optimal tanking talent builds for all viable classes at:
          http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php
          and
          http://www.tankspot.com/forums/
          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            Ahh, that I understand. While there might not be any immediate plans for including grouping type builds there have been some posting in the Official Talent Builds Thread that can be used to add into the Talent Advisor. You can also create your own builds to use with the Talent Advisor. I've done so myself with a priest that is leveling solely thru the LFG tool and I also have a protection paladin build that I'm using on a paladin that I'm leveling thru the LFG tool as a tank.
            Originally posted by Werderx View Post
            On a side note, you will find all optimal tanking talent builds for all viable classes at:
            and
            Thanks you both!

Comment

If you have any problems with creating your own talent build to use with the Talent Advisor just let us know either here or in the post I linked before and we'll help you get it up and running.

Comment

and
                I look at both of these sites on a regular basis depending on the toon I'm leveling up. I have yet to find a post that goes into detail which talents you want to have for tanking according to the level range you are currently at (i.e. 40-45 or 45-50). I was just thinking that it would be really cool if the talent advisor would also have a "best practices" tanking (or healing build according to the class that you're playing) so that you could be guided towards having the best talent specs according to your level. There are quite a few talents that aren't necessary for you to have right away and there are some that are mandatory for you to have right away.

Just thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion to further enhance the great guide you've already created.

Comment

Equip a shield... Problem solved
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                    Indeed, sir.

Also, if you just look through and read the talents that were advised within the builds given on the websites, your brain will tell you what you would want a.s.a.p.

While it can be argued that having these different builds within the guide can help with leveling, i STRONGLY suggest against it.

I do not want a person tanking or healing for my group that didn't do their homework and figure out what each talent does, and what they need to do.

This guide is designed to take newbs (and tenured ppl) from beginning to end lvl as quick as possible. I do not want the guide to give these noobs the steering wheel of a group and saying, "ready, go"... that is a horrible idea.

If people want to tank or heal, they need to do their homework and figure it out.
                    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I love tanking, but just be careful. If you're lower level than the other members in your party, it may be difficult to hold aggro.
                      85s
                      Skippyninja
                      Oomatherman
                      Judedaniels
                      MissRuPaul
                      Sumekomovani
                      Pattymelt
                      Shamwiches
                      Twonewon
                      Takakoinaba
                      Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by kenman76 View Post
                        I look at both of these sites on a regular basis depending on the toon I'm leveling up. I have yet to find a post that goes into detail which talents you want to have for tanking according to the level range you are currently at (i.e. 40-45 or 45-50). I was just thinking that it would be really cool if the talent advisor would also have a "best practices" tanking (or healing build according to the class that you're playing) so that you could be guided towards having the best talent specs according to your level. There are quite a few talents that aren't necessary for you to have right away and there are some that are mandatory for you to have right away.

Just thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion to further enhance the great guide you've already created.
                        http://panzercow.wordpress.com/2009/...-levels-10-20/

Guides for other level are on there as well. It's a pretty decent guide as well.

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                          While being a cute and quick witted statement, it doesn't exactly apply to druids or Death Knights.

Comment

Indeed, sir.

Also, if you just look through and read the talents that were advised within the builds given on the websites, your brain will tell you what you would want a.s.a.p.

While it can be argued that having these different builds within the guide can help with leveling, i STRONGLY suggest against it.

I do not want a person tanking or healing for my group that didn't do their homework and figure out what each talent does, and what they need to do.

This guide is designed to take newbs (and tenured ppl) from beginning to end lvl as quick as possible. I do not want the guide to give these noobs the steering wheel of a group and saying, "ready, go"... that is a horrible idea.

If people want to tank or heal, they need to do their homework and figure it out.
                            I can't agree with you on this simply because of the fact that people will not stay with a tank that either a) can't hold aggro or b) can't tank. So I don't see the harm in requesting a guide that will skim out the un-needed talents in the early levels (as this guide does for the leveling portion) and merely make recommended suggestions as to what talents you should take according to the build you're going to use.

If people decide to stay with a tank that can't do the job or doesn't know their abilities and spell rotations then I blame them not the creators of the guide. I've seen plenty of level 80 "tanks" that didn't know how to tank. So I think attributing that aspect to the guide is a gross exaggeration.

And to once again clarify, this was only a suggestion and question aimed at the developers of the guide to determine if this kind of feature would be coming out in future updates of the guide.

Comment

Yes it would be nice to have other specs built in. Besides if you end up with a tank or healer that isn't cutting it "Vote Kick" 90% of the time the other members will click yes without even looking at who's being kicked.

Comment

Working...
                              X