No announcement yet.

Question on leveling path through Pandaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just finished my next character leveling from 85 to 90 and used the questing approach suggested in the Zygor Guides rather than skipping ahead to the next zone as soon as I leveled like I had on all my previous characters. Not counting my launch day toons, I had 6 toons that I used the skip ahead approach on, changing zones as soon as they leveled. Their played times from 85-90 ranged from 21 hours to 25 hours. All at least some rested xp as well as the guild bonus. I did simultaneously level professions on a couple of those.

I just finished a character using the recommended points to change zones and my time for this character was only 20 hours played from 85-90. So much to my surprise, despite the lower xp for quest turn ins, it still ended up faster. I'm going to do one more character that route just to confirm the data is consistent and will post the results here.

One other question that came up though. At least in the past, I though the guides always notified you when you hit the xp point and it was time to move to the next zone. It doesn't seem to be doing that in Pandaria. It's easy enough to monitor on my own, but I can't seem to find anything in settings to turn that back on.

Comment

Those points were recently changed around so that there wouldn't be a recommendation as soon as you ding the next level. So for example the Four Winds guide shouldn't be recommended until you hit 4 bars into 86 (20%). Are you saying that you got past that point in 86 and it still didn't recommend moving from Jade Forest to Four Winds?
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Right. I never got the pop up recommendation to move to the next zone in any of the MoP zones.

Comment

Do you get the pop up suggestions for anything?
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well, I'm just leveling these characters from 85-90, so I'm only in MoP zones. But I'm not getting any pop up suggestions for zone changes anywhere in MoP. Other pop ups like the gear recommendations are coming through just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X